Halifax & Northern Rock Banks - Threat Of Stay

martin4963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone :)

Just in process of taking on both halifax and northern rock banks, I have already sent LBA`s to both parties and both have responded by threatening that if I issue court proceedings against them, they will immediately apply to the court for an order to stay my action until the resolution of the banks proceedings with the OFT.

Should I call their bluff and issue proceedings against them regardless or should I just "hang fire" ?

What do other members think ?

Hi Martin,

The above posts are right.

If these are both personal current a/c's, you should now file at court.

....both have responded by threatening that if I issue court proceedings against them, they will immediately apply to the court for an order to stay my action
This isn't really a threat, it is simply what WILL happen at the moment, because the final outcome of the OFT test case is still unknown.

Whether the banks apply for a Stay or not, the court will Stay the claims.

Filing now will stop any older charges falling out of the 6 year window for reclaiming. You'll also be earning 8% s.69 Interest on top of the charges.

Start a new thread for each claim in the appropriate forum.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)