CP Plus £40 Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received this charge notice at Gartnavel General Hospital in Glasgow. However, halfway down the page it states:

"in accordance with the conditions of contract relating to parking as detailed on the signs, a charge of £40 is not due for the following reason:"

below is a space for a reason code. This has not been filled in. Does this make a difference.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

I still don't know what I should do :o

If they have not written to you do nothing until they do.

If and when they do follow the template letters.

Others will tell you to ignore everything (a valid enough thing to do). But I don't like that approach because it inserts a layer of risk that if it does get to court it may look bad for you. Following the templates has a different risk that you will be treated as a "hooked fish", but by following the templates "to the letter" you will be in control of that risk. That is why I prefer my approach - I like to be in control.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

chickchops,

In answer to your direct question, yes it does make a slight difference, not that much. The ticket is just an invoice, no more than that. If you point out the error to CP Plus they will simply reissue the ticket, correcting the error. There is no particular legislation that would stop them doing this. The opposite is true of council tickets, errors made at the time the ticket is written out are usually fatal.

The good news is that this private tickets are unenforceable tosh to start with.

As Bernie says, do nothing until they contact you. You can then decide at that stage whether to use to use the templates or simply ignore. Keep the defective ticket in a safe place.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all well.

Just a quick update. I have now received a letter from Trethowans debt collection agency demanding payment of the fine. This is the first I have heard from anyone since the PCN.

I'd appreciate some reassurance on my next step.

Thanks for reading. :)

Edited by chickchops
Spelled the company name wrong

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all well.

Just a quick update. I have now received a letter from Trethowans debt collection agency demanding payment of the fine. This is the first I have heard from anyone since the PCN.

There is no fine. Courts have the ability to issue fines. Private companies cannot.

If you sent the template letters previously - its now time to the send the one for the debt collectors. As you've disputed the debt they should refer the matter back to their client.

Debt Collection Agencies have no powers to obtain payment before it's gone to court. These companies seldom take anyone to court because their charges are nearly always un-enforceable.

If you sent nothing, then just file this letter and continue to ignore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------