style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all

had a bailiff from jacobs come to my home last week i didnt know who she was till she came into my house as i shouted come in then she told me who she was and i asked her to leave but she said am in now and i can stop any way she filled a load of forms in and i had to sign them but i didnt want to sign she said if you dont sign i will take the ggods so i signed the forms she put down

tv.. dvd ...the kids wii.... my pet lepoard geko... and tank.. the next door nabs land rover and a unit and my mates car and mates fishing stuff who was visting me at the time from the stuff they put down can they take pets and next door nabs land rover and mates car+fishing stuff i said it wasnt mine but she told me provet it and just laught at me is there any thing i can do about this thankyou for your help

all so they are making me pay for my x partners council tax when she lived her till she found some where to live we lived in separet bedrooms at the time she had a bill for £319 and now they have past on to me can they do that

Edited by NIGEL R

You are jointly liable for council tax so yes, unfortunately they can do this.

However, they appear to have levied illegally on items that you do not own. You can counter this with a Form 4 complaint.

It is very simple indeed to file a Form 4 and indeed we have posted a STICKY at the top of this page with instructions. However, you should ALWAYS WRITE to the company first to see if the matter can be resolved without the intervention of the courts.

In fact the court will expect for this to have happened first.

In your case, it must be remembered that a bailiff is allowed BY LAW to ASSUME that all goods within or indeed outside the property are owned by you. The onus of proof is on YOU not the bailiff to prove otherwise.

You say that this debt is due to your ex. Is the debt in your name or hers?

Can you also send me by PM only the name of the bailiff and company that he works for.

In your case, it must be remembered that a bailiff is allowed BY LAW to ASSUME that all goods within or indeed outside the property are owned by you. The onus of proof is on YOU not the bailiff to prove otherwise.

Indeed 100% correct!!!!