• Tweets

• Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Energy Plus---Did you know this??May be useful if on low income!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not sure if I am just the last to know but....While speaking to my energy provider last week they informed me due to my circumstances I may be eligible for reduced rates on gas and electric.

I gave them a call today and apparently its called Energy Plus and means that if you are on a low income and your energy consumption is more than 10% of your income you can get a reduced rate of 20%.

If you have a pre pay meter you can still qualify but your reduction will come in refunds each quarter and if you have a debt being collected this will go to clearing your debt!!

If I wasn't the last to know and there are more like me who were in the dark give your energy provider a call.

If you are with southern electric/gas the number is 0800 300 111:D

Might be a little but every little bit helps;-)

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

If I remember correctly, the govt. asked each of the energy providers to make provision for "fuel poverty", and for the people who simply couldn't afford to pay for their gas and electricity, due to being on benefits etc.

Of course it wasn't widely advertised, as the enerygy companies just want to make as much money as possible.

It's a case of... it's there, but you have to know about it to ask for it in the first place (a bit like all the benefits that are avilable, so long as you know, you can claim them!!!). I noticed a few threads that mentioned it before.

You might not be the last to know, but yer a bit behind lol (probably due to all the other fights you have at the moment. You'll be one of the experts people come to before long, with all the new knowledge you're getting :)).

Regards etc...

If I remember correctly, the govt. asked each of the energy providers to make provision for "fuel poverty", and for the people who simply couldn't afford to pay for their gas and electricity, due to being on benefits etc.

Of course it wasn't widely advertised, as the enerygy companies just want to make as much money as possible.

It's a case of... it's there, but you have to know about it to ask for it in the first place (a bit like all the benefits that are avilable, so long as you know, you can claim them!!!). I noticed a few threads that mentioned it before.

You might not be the last to know, but yer a bit behind lol (probably due to all the other fights you have at the moment. You'll be one of the experts people come to before long, with all the new knowledge you're getting :)).

Regards etc...

too right:D the amount I am learning lol is amazing....I dont know if its just benefits though, I know he said low income and if your consumption is higher than 10% of your income as it is means tested.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

does this apply to buisiness or domestic, as i am really struggling to keep my business going and have been threatened with having my electricity cut off as i cant afford to pay off the outstanding bill at the amounts they want(british gas),I live above my premises so this would also cut off my domestic use and would close my business down!

does this apply to buisiness or domestic, as i am really struggling to keep my business going and have been threatened with having my electricity cut off as i cant afford to pay off the outstanding bill at the amounts they want(british gas:eek::eek::eek:),I live above my premises so this would also cut off my domestic use and would close my business down!

Why would anybody use british gas as a supplier?? I have been in my home 3 yrs, british gas was the provider but I organised before moving in this be changed, the last bill from them came to dear occupant and for the last 3 yrs they keep sending someone with the hope of trying to persuade me to come back:rolleyes: yea right, I wont even tell them my name, and make a point to tell them from you work for bg and have a bg name tag DO NOT KNOCK MY DOOR I AM UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO EVEN GIVE YOU MY NAME!!

• 1 month later...

Hi folks

Have tried to find something about Energy plus concerning gas from E-On.

Was referred to their website which as far as I can see only carries a brief mention of electricity.

Terrible website, incidentally.

Vandermerwe

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on to E.On and apparently they don't offer any reduction in rates. just payment plans! When I said other companies offer reductions for low incomes/benefits etc I was told "well we don't, somethings in the pipeline but thats it at the moment". :rolleyes: As for British Gas, I've been trying them all day, but the call cuts off after they tell you they're receiving high volume of calls.....I wonder why?!

Guest forgottenone

I'd be interested too ... tried this with Scottish Power ... they also said 'well we don't.'

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on these low tariff's for british gas and EDF energy, only took a phone call to arrange

btw I rang B gas last week to check that I would not be given a price hike and found out I had been taken off the deal by mistake, I'm waiting to here of my refund. The promised phone call to me didn't happen so will be chasing it up today. After my refund I think I will go with EDF energy for gas as well, they offer 15% off, B Gas are totally useless and have really caused me grief over the years.

redit rang up and complained and they are giving me £15 for my trouble and sending me the refund hopefully, will have to check all the amounts and dates though as they haven't a clue what they are doing

essentials tariff for me is

4.192 tier one

2.314 tier two

I think recently I was paying 7.0 or similar

Apparently the deal is for life, I do not need to prove my income (or any year) every year, which is a bit strange really and open to abuse

What are you doing to help customer in need of financial support?

If you are on the Essentials tariff you won't see a rise until after winter. We launched the Essentials tariff, Britain's largest social energy tariff, for 750,000 of our most vulnerable customers at the start of last year. Essentials provides additional help to our more vulnerable customers, particularly those who use prepayment meters, by ensuring they pay no more than our lowest standard prices, irrespective of their method of payment.

To be eligible for the tariff, you need to be an existing British Gas customer in receipt of one of a number of benefits. Direct debit customers are now eligible for Essentials providing that they are in receipt of a qualifying benefit.

In addition the British Gas Trust could provide a grant to a customer who has a British Gas energy debt (and also, in some cases, for other costs or outstanding debts). The Trust, established in 2004, also finances debt advisors to explain to individuals how to escape debt cycles and manage their finances. The Trust is run independently of British Gas and is a registered charity. Customers who wish to apply to the Trust can request an application form by calling the Trust directly on 01733 421060 or tell the customer to visit the Trust website at Welcome | British Gas Energy Trust and Scottish Gas Energy Trust

How British Gas can help you

Edited by pugsley

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Hi

For EDF customers, the reduced rate is called ENERGY ASSIST, just phone up and ask for it.

If you are in dire straits, then EDF also have the Energy Trust, you can apply to have all your arrears written off. For this you just need to phone 01733 421060, I'm not sure but it seems to be means tested, but will update when I hear back from this. It is the same number for British Gas and a number of other companies, it is fully automated, you just leave your name and address so it is well worth a try.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

For Scottish Power Customers

Try this

Scottish Power: Soaring Coal and Gas Costs Force ScottishPower to Announce New Energy Prices

"To protect its most vulnerable customers ScottishPower has announced a package of support measures:

• Carefree Winter Rebate4: For customers on its Carefree Priority Services Register, which includes the company’s most vulnerable customers, ScottishPower will offset the impact of the increase over the winter months. This will take the form of a credit to these customers’ accounts, which will be applied from February 2008.
  • New Social Tariff5: In addition to the winter rebate, eligible customers on ScottishPower’s Priority Services Register can apply for ScottishPower’s new Carefree Plus social tariff. This package will offer eligible customers, a saving of up to £112 per annum. These customers will also have the opportunity to access free energy efficiency improvements (such as cavity wall insulation) and a Benefits Health Check to ensure they are receiving all of the income to which they are entitled. Current estimates from National Statistics suggest that up to c. £9.4bn of benefits go unclaimed each year by eligible households6.

• 1 year later...

I just rang my energy supplier SWALEC and they say they cannot give us any discount or put us on a social tariff as we have too much money coming in and none of us are working!

There are 4 of us here, me 51 a carer with no income to the mrs 45 who is on benefits and permanently disabled, and our two 18 yrs old daughters who are signing on and on JSA. In working it out They took into acount the mrs dla care allowancea an her sda, and the girls jsa, crazy as i recon we should get some help to pay the bills as they as were paying about 45% of our income on bills, but they would not offer us any help at all.The way they work things out must be flawed.

Jon