toshiba repairs not up to scratch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

in short if your laptop repairs have

not been carried out remotely within the timescale set by the repairing company when taken in under warranty

the unit has never been returned without damage either cosmetic or otherwise

the most recent repair was quoted 305 days and took almost two working weeks to be returned

one repair was for overheating and the repairer replaced the fan - i fear that further internal damage would have been done since the gpu temperature was pushing above 114 degrees and the hard drive caddy feet adhesive melted.

and most recently the laptop has only lasted less than a week from the previous repair before failing for the 4th time since purchase (for a different reasons each time).

What are my rights and what protections cover me? Being a warranty repair I was wondering if this was covered under sale of goods act or the Supply of Goods and Services Act?

How unreasonable is it for me to push for an entire new unit rather than another repair since the laptop is now coming out of warranty and I fear it is just going to break in 3 months time when it is out of its 3 year warranty plan as well as acting as compensation for the disturbance caused by not having my laptop when needed?

thanks

adam

Edited by juice05

You are correct about the legislation. Any service (repair) must be carried out within a reasonable length of time and with skill to a reasonable standard. What is reasonable is for a cout to decide, but what you have described imho does not sound reasonable.

You will need to check what the warranty says. I understand some give a replacement if repairs fail.

How long have you had the laptop for? Goods should last a reasonable length of time be fit for purpose etc. The warranty is additional to these rights. It is possible that you could insist on a replacement depending on the circumstances - mainly time.