avoid CC fees ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, im looking to buy items in euros, now credit card companys charge for currency conversion is there a way of using alternative methods of paying ? unfortunately paypal is not an option, also, it has to be a visa mastercard way!

...credit card companys charge for currency conversion is there a way of using alternative methods of paying ?...
Nationwide have a Visa CC + also a DC where NO commission is charged...;)

...Am not sure whether their exchange rates are competitive though??...:confused:

Nationwide Building Society - Travel

...:)

Nationwides exchange rates are very competitive. To give you an example, on a trip to Malta 6 weeks ago, my wife drew some euros from the post office before we left and got a rate of just under 1.20 euros to the pound. The rate I was getting on cash withdrawals from Nationwide was 1.25, and there is no charge by Nationwide to use the debit card abroad.

It MAY be...if the payment is done in Euros

...But some European companies also accept payment in several currencies don't they??...:confused:

Have U tried contacting whoever, to check if they would be prepared to take payment in Sterling??...;)

...:)

well it would be for internet transactions, not really for use abroad (physically speaking)

The rates I quoted were for cash withdrawals from ATM's whilst abroad or for other transactions abroad and using the card. Another example............my wife and I went to Ireland in October 2005 and she had an account with the Woolwich and I had my Nationwide account. She was charged £1.50 for every withdrawal from a ATM and she was also getting an exchange rate of 1.40 euros to the pound. Nationwide didn't charge me any withdrawal fees and they also gave me 1.45 euros to the pound.

My wife now has a Nationwide account:D