Ever Thought Of A Song To Be Played At Your Funeral?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta be ACDC "Hell's Bells" or perhaps this
just to freak people out.

Somebody else who has heard of the great Tom Lehrer!

Personally I don't have any preference about music at my funeral as I will be dead so it won't make a lot of difference to me (unless it's all things bright and beautiful in which case I'll come back and haunt someone)

Always look on the bright side of life.:p

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ahhhh but will there be access to the internet in the other place?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Got to be Tears in Heaven such nice words and I think we will all meet there one day x

There really is only one way to get there. I doubt very much that everyone here will be going, but it's not too late to sort that out now. :) Its too late to make your mind up when you've fallen under a bus. Figuritively speaking.

I shouldn't imagine there would be many worries in heaven at all :)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

The Road to Hell for those peeps then.;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The Road to Hell for those peeps then.;)

But it dosn't have to be that way! I know this isn't really the place to preach, but this isn't something to joke about. It's eternity, remember. I'm useless at trying to get my point across, so all I can do is hope this will make peeps think. :-|

No offence intended Penny Foolish.

None taken Caro. I'm sorry I have got a bit upset about this but I just wish I had the words to try to explain why I wish everyone understood the need to think about heaven. When I try to get it sorted in my head, it just sounds all preachy and Bible thumpy and I really don't want to get up peoples nose with what I say.

I just wondered if anyone has ever told a family member of a song they would like played at there funeral?

So what song / music would you choose?

yep, sure do The Letter by Macey Gray first few lines go like this:

All I ever wanted was some love and peace and harmony,

I could dance in the raw in the sun underneath the stars,

when i walk over to my money tree aint nobody there trying to take from me,

But down here in reality everybody knows there aint no such thing

And its clear it's obviously this is not the place i'm supposed to be

On and on i've searched

what i'm looking or is not here on earth,

i cant stand and i cant take no more

so i know i gotta go

so long everybody

mama don't feel sad for me

life was a heartache and now i'm finally free

dont know where i'm headed

hope i see you someday soon

so long everybody

i've gone beyond the moon.........

hello all

i remember attending a funeral where they played with or without you by u2 which i found very touching made me cry buckets anyway

i was thinking about something more up tempo like i'm on my way by the proclaimers or i'm on fire by 5000 volts a bit tasteless i know but it may lighten the mood !

ziggy

• 1 month later...

a louse is not a home by peter hammil only cos its such a miserable but brilliant track nobody i know will give it a listen but if its played at my funeral they`d have to :)

but really it would have to be pink floyd "dogs" off the animals album then maybe the entire space ritual album by hawkwind and maybe warrior on the edge of time too and to finish toxicity by system of a down

there is prob more but i cant think of any at the mo and its a mute point anyway cos at the rate my mates are decaying round me there`ll be nobody left to listen

SC

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

IF I`VE BEEN OF HELP PLEASE TICKLE MY SCALES :D

and on my gravestone i`d like this

Born into a world of fear and isolation

born into a world at war

we cry in the darkness and consume the poision

we feel the pain,our fear is mutual,our prison within this system.

no love,no freedom within its framework.

our vision lies ouside where we can live and care.

we sow the seeds of peace and learn to understand

we are not alone

our voices will not fade

we confront and question

our vision is absolute

cant say i havent thought about it eh :-D

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim the Right as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

IF I`VE BEEN OF HELP PLEASE TICKLE MY SCALES :D