• Tweets

• Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

repossession order granted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all

thankyou jansus for that fsa link, it states in the section 13 about the different ways to get to an understanding on how to clear the arrears with the mortgage company, could we also interpret that the mortgage company could and should consider the norgan case, wehere the arrears were added to the rest of the mortgage and this was seen and won in court as a reasonable lenght of time to pay back the arrears???

im in a middle of a complaint and am hoping they deal with it as ive asked if not then ive told them will refer to ombudsman, but as plan b could i state i will defend any court action and express my wishes that the arrears are processed like the norgan case

hope the above makes sense, many thanks

ciao and have yet to hear from the company ref my complaint dont they have 5 days for me to have received at least an acknowledgement, did send recorded delivery.

byee for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi-

Everytime i read this forum it certainly does give me hope but then there are also times when i now still fear the worst due to what happened on 14th May....

My arrears were incorrect on their poriginal letter but now stand at 3950---

I am , (with family help again)- making a payment of £350 off the arrears... but not sure if any of this is doing me any good as i have still not heard from the courts, mortgage company or Evershed( banks solicitors)--- ideally and as i have siad before i would like them to spread arrears over at least 12-18 months and preferably longer....but no one is getting back to me...original arrears is down from approx £5000 to £3950 but courts/banks/solicitors do not seem to care about that at all

do you think they purposely wait until its very close to the 28 days and then make contact??

This forum is a godsend but i am still going to hell & back on a daily basis since May14th as i can't seem to concentrate....

its a shame as last week i also received the certificate from OFSTED informing me that i can now practice as a registered childminder---but with the uncertainty surrounding the possession order i have not done anything about getting business as a childmminder..

thank you once again for any help/advice offered

I am bumping you up to get more help as I am not an expert .

Have you tried CAB or national debtline for help?

Have you asked the court whether you can appeal against the decision

The BS should have sent you a letter when they started court proceedure stating where you can get help? did it mention FOS?

I think a call to them might be worth while ?

state that you are able to pay your mortgage payment and something towards the arrears each month - state that you have informed your BS and their solicitor and they are still proceeding with possession. Ask them what should you do as you feel they are acting against guidelines

Tell them it is urgent and you need help

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I've just read through the thread and have noticed the following;

1) No mention has been made about contacting the housing department of your local council about your situation. Hopefully it won't be necessary but if the worst happens and you do get evicted at least they will know and you will be at the top of their list for a house.

2)

you can put your case you can put the n244 in the day before the order says eviction takes place then I think the bayliff has to wait
When I was in your position, I put the N244 through online over a week before the eviction date. After a few days when a hearing date hadn't been allocated, I rang the court and they couldn't trace any record of it. When they did trace it I thought that if they couldn't fit a hearing in before the eviction date they'd suspend the eviction until after the hearing but the court advised me that they would have to fit me in and that the eviction date /time would stand. My hearing was eventually set for 2 1/2hrs before I was due to be evicted.

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

I'd have thought you would have received confirmation of the possession order through the post by now. Can you check on-line or ring the court to confirm it's been sent?. Can't remember how long it took for ours to come through. I'll check and get back to you later.

What it will do is confirm that on 11th June 2008 the building society will gain possession of your property .After that date as you will still be there they need to go to the court to obtain an eviction order. Now depending on the building society and how busy the courts are the time for this to happen will vary.

Once this has been issued you need to be submitting your N244.(I see that Bona and some of the others are able to help you with filling that in).

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

latest update---- still no letter from court but finally received a letter from EVERSHEDS- not sure what it really means but....

confirms that ' order will become enforceable on 11th June 2008' - that bit i understand...

please can someone explain what the following means' . A money judgement for £205,000 was also obtained.'

The letter also goes on about enforcement etc...and...

' should you wish to avoid repossession becoming necessary, please arrange to clear the full arrears prior to this date. If you are unable to clear the arrears on your account, please forward your proposals for clearance of the same within next 7 days'

Could some one adviseas to this money judgement????? and also with regards to payment of all arrears are they talking about current arreras on mortgage prior to repossession order( £3950) OR do they mean £205,000!!- I ask as the only monetary amount on the letter is the money judgement amount for £205,000

please can someone advice/help me with this again

thanks

I'm not sure but I think it means that the outstanding mortgage (presumably £205,000) become payable on the 11th June, which as you are unable to pay this they will gain possession allowing for them to apply for an eviction notice.

However, Eversheds are saying that if you can come up with the arrears or an agreement on how to pay the arrears before the 11th June they will defer applying for an eviction notice.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

Hi,

many thanks--- but when Evershed gp on about the full arrears now are they talking about the whole money judgement order ( £205,000) or the actual arrears on my mortgage £3950??-

I apologise if i am asking a stupid question or not understanding fully the letter from EVERSHEDS

thanks again

If you contact Eversheds before the 11th June and can come up with the arrears of £3950 or an agreement on how to pay them off that they agree to, they will not not proceed with the repossession. The full £205,00 only becomes payable if they gain possession and you are evicted and would be deducted from the proceeds of the sale.

if this is the cae---could anyone advise the letter format i should prepare-- i am concerned because on May 14th - the district judge did not even consider my letter which explained that i would like the arrears to be spread over a certain time-- i certainly need help on this and also i will await eviction notice and then complete the n244--i have it downloaded already but am still awaiting to hear from Leicester county court

thanks

Very sorry to read your thread.

latest update---- still no letter from court but finally received a letter from EVERSHEDS- not sure what it really means but....

confirms that ' order will become enforceable on 11th June 2008' - that bit i understand...

please can someone explain what the following means' . A money judgement for £205,000 was also obtained.' I would guess that this is the same as a CCJ and should they possess and sell your home, any amount recieved will reduce this figure.

The letter also goes on about enforcement etc...and...

' should you wish to avoid repossession becoming necessary, please arrange to clear the full arrears prior to this date. If you are unable to clear the arrears on your account, please forward your proposals for clearance of the same within next 7 days' This means what it says, proposal to clear the arrears ( £3950).

Could some one adviseas to this money judgement????? and also with regards to payment of all arrears are they talking about current arreras on mortgage prior to repossession order( £3950) OR do they mean £205,000!!- I ask as the only monetary amount on the letter is the money judgement amount for £205,000

please can someone advice/help me with this again

thanks

I would think this is a lifeline. Send them a proposal.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

ok...many thanks---will need help with proposal letter for the reasons explained in my previous post Re: judges actions on May 14th---

If this is a chance to have the home not re-possessed then i would like to take the advice on offer on this forum so that i do not go through a day like my original hearing

Its only a personal view, and I have nothing to back it up, but house values are falling. I think that having been granted a possession order, they can accept a repayment proposal, knowing that if you fail to make the payment you could then be evicted very quickly.

I still don't understand why the Judge did not suspend. On a mortgage of £200,000 the monthly payments must be near to £2000. £3950 would be only around two months.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

This is exactly what i have not understood--- my repayments are now £1505/ month on current outstanding mortgage.

I had offered to pay off arrears over a certain time and was also making the monthly repaymnts but for some unknown reason the judge simply granted a repossession order..

I do not have the know how ( or coiurage), but i would have liked to have challenged the judges decision??

Any help /advice will be really appreciated---i have the latest update for you guys---

• Still awaiting bailiffs notice----the 28 days notice ends on June 11th( as per letter from EVERSHEDS)
  • Made plenty of complaints during last 8 days---no firm answers but have received letters from courts/ mortgage company ackowlwdging complaints..

As you are aware the fateful day of May 14th the judge did not even ask about repayment..and simply granted a possession order....but i received this letter from my mortgage company today in response to a complaint i had made to them....please could you kindly read extract and advise me what the hell is going on as i am totally confused--- was the judge at my hearing on a different planet!!( the following is extract from letter recd today)

''The court hearing that took place on 14 May 2008 was to obtain a possession order and secure a proposal in court to clear the arrears on your account;this was not to evict you from your property.

A 28 days possession order was granted as we received no acceptable proposals to clear the arrears in full.''

I am totally confused as the judge did not even ask or look at proposals---

please help....as june 11th fast approaching

thanks

Hi there, I can understand your anxiety but until you get an eviction notice, there is not much point in submitting an N244 form as it will cost £75. If you wait until the eviction notice arrives it will be £35.

We can help you with the N244 when the time comes.

At the court hearing did you explain how you were able to clear the arrears? perhaps the judge thought your income wouldn't support it.

Have you made any payments recently?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,

Many thanks--- the judge did not even discuss the repayments---

he stated that it was clear i could not afford the mortgage and granted a possession order---

I have made another £300 payment off the arrears--

still awaiting to hear from mortgage company and solicitors regarding the proposal i sent to them last week

thanks again

Anther update: it is now june 13th-- the 28 days passed on June 11th...the letter that i was supposed to receive 'within days'( judges quote) after the repossession hearing on May 14th---finally arrived yesterday (june 12th!!) informing me that i had to give up possession 'on or before 11 june 2008' !!

the order of possession has the following:

' the order has been made on discretionary grounds and the court orders that

1. the defendant give the claimant full possession etc etc et

is the above a reason why this district judge barely listened to me or why he was un-interested in my proposal plan??? hope someone can advise

• EVERSHEDS still not responding to my offers of repaying the arrears---

• the bank( birmingham midshires) asked for a proposal on 30th May- which i sent off by recorded delivery immediately---again NO written response

I have sent so many letters since May 14th--it's unreal---and i have no responses at all...

what do i do now??

Hi there, I can understand your anxiety and the frustration you must feel at not receiving any replies to your letters, it must be very worrying for you.

However, as we said before, until you receive an eviction notice there is no point in submitting an N244 asking for a hearing. As soon as you receive the eviction notice we will write the defence for your application.

If you can keep making payments in the meantime it will count in your favour at the court hearing. Also, what was the proposal you sent to the solicitors and mortgage company?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Can I ask if you are currently making payments in respect of the mortgage and the arrears - the Eversheds letter seems to suggest that if you pay them the money they may not actually apply for a warrant. Can I ask which court it was in - it is really strange to make an outright order like that...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Can you get a solicitor to have a look at the papers - the original order may be open to appeal - do you qualify for legal aid.

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Thanks for the replies-- to answer some of the questions raised:

• Leicester county court- where the district Judge made me feel totally insignificant
  • Have written to Eversheds/& Birmingham midshires offering £300 month to clear arrears-- no response at all ( in reality i'd like to have offered £150/month---but panic has set in and have offered £300
  • yes- I am currently maintaining mortgage payments

• Yes- i feel very strongly that the Judge did not give me a initial fair hearing and i'd like to do something about that but not sure what -- everyone i have since spoken to says an outright order should not have been given---but the fact is he did give a staright repossession order

thanks again

OK Eversheds do not answer anything are you paying any arreas asper your proposals Please dont worry if you are paying , there not repling they may just not do anything all you can do is pay your mortgage and try to get on with life for a bit