BLS and me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am seeking advice about BLS collections.

I am paying BLS £150.00 a month and have done since December 2000.

I have never received a statement from them and neither do i have a copy of the cca.

I dont know how much is left owing on this account or whether it has incurred any further charges like interest etc.

Can i write to them asking for both?

This is recovery of a debt from lloyds

You dont say how much the debt was for. My calculations estimate around £12500 that youve paid back since 2000. The dca may not tell you when youve finished paying back your debt that may just keep taking. I would write to request a cca and copy of statement of account, this should, if they can supply it, detail debt and every amount you have paid. You can get template letter off here, dont forget to put £1 in with it, postal orders are best, do not send a signed cheque, dca's have been know to copy the signiture. Send letter recorded post so you know it gets there. They have the usual 12 working days to respond, then a further 30 days before they are in default. Someone please correct me if im wrong but after first 12 days from reciept of letter you can cease payments untill they provide you with correct cca.

this was a debt to lloyds bank, including loan, and overdraft.

BLS sent me a statement of means at the time and agred to take £150 a month. The totaol debt was unsecured roughly 19,000. This is the last debt i need to clear.

Do you know how much was loan and what was overdraft. Def cca for loan, i dont know about the overdraft as ive read they have different rules. Youll need to wait for somone with experience in overdrafts to come along. If bls have combined both together it might just be worth sending a cca and see what they come back with. Chances are after this long they wont have any paperwork at all.

• 2 months later...

hi,

I have yet to do anything about BLS.

I am concerned about opening a can of worms.

Have been paying BLS since Dec 2000. If i send a CCA request and they dont provide me one in the required time, can i stop payng them?

Should I also SAR LLyods?

I have paid £14000 off a £19000 debt. What i really want to know is that the debt actually reducing or if there are charges being applied.

My plan is to ask for a statement of the account and a copy of te CCA.

Does that seem reasonabe?

Thanks for yoyr advice.

Hi, hidebait.

A debt becomes unenforceable under the CCA if a creditor does not supply a true copy of the signed credit agreement within 12 working days of it being requested.

The debt remains unenforceable for as long as the creditor fails to produce the signed credit agreement – this means if they produce the agreement some months down the line, they are quite within their rights to enforce it. They do not need to take any further action to enforce the debt. A debtor cannot take any action against the creditor for failing to produce the signed credit agreement within the prescribed time, because that is up to the agencies that the offence has been reported to. Any sanctions that may be imposed are at the discretion of these agencies, and it is not a matter that the debtor can take to the civil court.

If a CCJ has already been entered against a debt, then there is no point in requesting the agreement under the CCA, if your intention is to argue that the debt is unenforceable, since the debt has already been enforced. You can however request a true copy of the original signed credit agreement if you wish to check original terms and conditions etc. If they do not supply it then your only recourse is to report them to the aforementioned agencies. It would be very difficult to prove that they didn’t have the agreement at the time judgment was entered.

It is imperative that you continue to pay any debt under the terms of a CCJ.

Issuing a court claim for non-compliance of a CCA request in all probability achieves nothing to benefit to the debtor, as a court claim is likely to spur a detailed search which could well end up with them producing a perfectly acceptable original signed agreement in court – which would result in the debtor losing the case, and being made liable for the creditor’s costs.

If after requesting a true copy of a signed credit agreement the creditor fails to produce it, it does not mean that the debt does not exist, because at the end of the day the debtor spent the money and therefore they owe it and need to pay it back The debtor may now however be in a good position to make a full and final offer to clear the debt.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

In the throes of writing to BLS, but the only address i have for them on my last correspondence (05/12/2001) is a PO Box address.

Can i send a recorded letter to a PO Box.

Is there another address i should use?

Hi, hidebait.

This address has worked in the past ;)(the 1st one)

Lloyds TSB,

Consumer Debt Recovery,

Queens Road Quadrant,

Brighton,

BX1 3XJ.

BLS Collections (Trading name of Lloyds TSB),

PO Box 467E,

Oxford,

OX4 1WA.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert