MBNA v Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are you basically saying that if you claimed say £1000 and they credit us with £100 out of "goodwill" then you would still go after the £1000 ?

Yes I am going after the full amount. They have credited the £100 as a goodwill gesture, I never asked for that. It is not part of the claim it is just a goodwill gesture to get me off their back and hope I will go away. they might try and deduct it when it comes to working out the final total but I will take my chance in the meantime

Polly

Yes I am going after the full amount. They have credited the £100 as a goodwill gesture, I never asked for that. It is not part of the claim it is just a goodwill gesture to get me off their back and hope I will go away. they might try and deduct it when it comes to working out the final total but I will take my chance in the meantime

Polly

Interesting point...

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Scouse,

In the template letter for Prelim Request it states that:

"What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter"

What would you advise to replace the amount of interest? - "You have taken £1500 plus compound interest which I will allow you to calculate" Does that sound okay, or would they fob me off?

Cheers,

Warrior

I am in agreement with Polly regarding the acceptance of the goodwill gesture - It is exactly that, a goodwill gesture and therefore not in repayment of the unlawful charges. The "gesture" is not in my account yet and I am just going to go for the full lot.

I am worried by this interest charge that I should work out - I noticed on some posts by Barricuda that some people were not including in the "Some people are making mistakes thread". The only thing is that I don't have a full set of statements, so I can't fill in the advanced form with the end of month balance. Does that make sense, or am I panicking over nothing?

Cheers

Warrior

• 3 weeks later...

Just letting you all know that I got a full settlement yesterday. Made a phone call to Gareth Tunnicliffe 12 days after the prelim letter and got a full settlement within an hour - £2692. Result!!!!

Just want to thank everyone for your help and support, but especially Surreyscouse, thanks mate.

Sev - I hope things continue to go your way.

This group is really making a difference to peoples lives, I hope that many more become enlightened and start the journey to taking back what is rightfully theirs.

Donation will be made on 31st August :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Warrior

:)

Congratulation!!!!!!

I sent off my data protection letter last week, reading your thread has cheered me up, whilst waiting for the postman.

HSBC Current £1991 24/08 Claim letter 7/9 LBA

Barclays Current 24/08 S.A.R

GE Capital ex staff card Dotty p's 24/08 S.A.R 16/9statements recieved only £56:( prelim in post!

Citi Cards 24/08 S.A.R

Capital one Card 24/08 S.A.R

MBNA virgin card 24/08 S.A.R

oohhh just remembered more closed accounts

:)

Lloyds tsb

HSBC current with ex 7/9 S.A.R

Barclaycard 7/9 S.A.R

HSBC CC

HSBC student a/c

Crmorlife,

I think these lot have accepted the situation and getting your charges back from them now seems like a formality. There are a few threads on here now stating that full settlement has been offered before any action.

Get your charges list, send them the prelim letter and give Gareth TUnnicliffe a ring shortly afterwards - Job Done.

Good luck mate :)

Warrior

Well Done W-Warrior :) This is an inspirational thread if ever there was one!!!

My SAR is away (received by them TODAY) so I'm following your lead. Not sure how much they got off me (they kept raising my credit limit in the early days), but I've got a lot of good uses for whatever I get back.

Thanks for checking my thread out ;) Now enjoy your win :D