Fumming!!!

oilmybike
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and welcome, have a good look round the forum, start at first page with faq's marked in red, it will take a while but its worth the effort believe me! then come back if you need further guidance ok?

• Confused 1

Hi oilmybike. I'd suggest you read the Frequently Asked Questions forum, in particular the Step-by-Step Instructions, the FAQs themselves, and the Rules of Engagement. You'd do well to read the other threads in there too :)

Once you've got those under your belt, take a look at the Bank Templates Library. It contains all the letters you should need to see your claim through to the end :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

The guys above had said it all. Once you've read all there is to read and feel you still have questions to ask come back and we'll do our best to help.

Start a thread for each bank account so that you and others can clearly follow your progress.

Welcome and good luck

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

HI To The consumer action group i think i need help with claiming back bank charges as i have just been hit with £105 for returned cheque as i am new to this please help

Hi there, if this is the first time you have been charged (or the first time in the last year) then I would suggest you go to your branch, ideally where you opened the account. Ask at the help desk to see a Manager and when they ask why say it's about the charge. They may try and deal with it themselves but I think only managers can refund charges. Explain that you can't afford the charge and that it is the first time it has happened. They should look at your account and will check to see if you've had any other charges over the last 12 months. They will probably um and ar a bit and may say that it's in the contract etc. Wait. If they say they can't help then ask to speak to someone that can. They will either um and ar some more or get you another manager. Explain again that you can't afford it and if you say it often enough and wait for long enough they should refund it as 'a jesture of good will'.

If this doesn't work or you have had other charges in the past, then do as the others have suggested.

Good luck!

oh...they may give you a number to call for customer care or something. If you want to call it then they should let you use a branch phone but you may have to ask.

• 1 month later...

HI just read you posting this is the usual cr*p that they send if you follow the procedures laid out on the web site you should get a result (check to see if you can get legal aid if so go for it good luck

Moderated : edited

Hi there county court costs can soon ad up .:mad:

i odviously dont know your financial condition but you can get legal aid for the county court or i beleave any court and or soliciters for instance if you get working tax credit ,child tax credit or other benifits . hope this helps and i hope i havent offended your good self any way good luck:) dave

Guest Lueeze

Why would anyone want to get free legal aid for a bank claim?

(edit) or plain frightened, then everyone in the country SHOULD be able to handle their claims themselves, especially with all the assistance on the site covering all eventualities.

You can also only get legal aid if you are very poor, and a lot of solicitors do not take on legal aid cases. Beleive me I have gone through legal aid.

Please read up throughly Oilmybike babe, as your next step is to file a claim in small claims court. Please read everything you can lay your hands on before submitting it, and post more details about your claim too so we can help if need be.

Remember we are here to help but is is a self help site too...

Good Luck

Lou xxx

Moderated : please do not be abusive to other users

Guest Lueeze

Just thinknig bac kto this, Dave do you mean exemption from court fee's?

If you do then they are strict on which benefits, it HAs to be Working tax credit and you need to file in person with an N1 form and give relevant proof less than 1 month old from them.

Sorry just an afterthought to help the OP

Guest Lueeze

LOL!! I was thinking afterwards that might be what you meant...I just claimed exemption on one claim and my partner remittance on his one.

Don't worry you were saying it in good faith Dave,

Lou xxx

Hi all.....just want to clear up the exemption from court fees issue. I went into my local court today prior to claiming. HMCS leaflet EX160A 'Court Fees do you have to pay them ?' clearly states:-

"You may be exempt from paying a court fee, which means that you do not have to pay it by law.

You will be exempt from paying a fee if :-

1. You or your partner receive income support

2. You or your partner receive Pension Credit guarantee credit

3. You receive INCOME BASED job-seeker's allowance

4. Either

Your gross annual income is £15050 or less and you receive Working Tax

Credit wit a 'disability element' or 'sever disability element'

OR

Your gross annual income is £15050 or less and you and your partner

receive Working Tax Credit AND Child Tax Credit between you.

Your 'partner' means 'someone to whom you are married, or who you live with as if you were married to them'.

Hope this helps some of you as it helped me.

I found the court personnel to be very helpful and was surprised to find a wide range of leaflets designed to help us minions. These can only reinforce what we learn from this brilliant and empowering site!!

"Pay the $100".......salud......... Bob Valdez