Help Please re: CCA decision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We're fine (although stressed by all the DCA action of late!) thanks babybear, hope you don't get too stressed out by Uni! :)

CitizenB, thank you so much for that template - absolute class! I will get them typed (will send to B, O & S too) and posted by recorded delivery.

Should I send a copy of Moorcroft's threats to FOS?

Thanks again :)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, send FOS a copy :D

Absolutely, just to wind them up a bit more you could add a sentence into the letter to say that you are forwarding a copy of their letter and your reply to the Financial ombudsman.:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Mrs Z here.

Mr Z received the following from the Moorcroft Morons today.

After sending the letter (recorded delivery)to said morons (kindly posted by citizenB), also sending a copy of Moorcrofts last letter and a copy of Mr Z's reply to the FOS, they have the temerity to send this latest garbage. The FOS has sent an acknowledgement so I presume they are willing to add it to the complaint file!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/Misterzeus/Moorcroftscan2done.jpg

I love the last bit - Please note we have confirmed with a major public utility that you are in occupancy at the above adress. how scary - not!!:D

Well bully for them! Mr Z isn't trying to hide where he lives from the idiots!!!

Should I file and ignore?

Or send a copy to the FOS and still ignore Moorcroft?

Any opinions/advice gratefully received as always, thank you

Mrs Z :)

:D:D Beaten by baby bear again:D

Davey77 received one of these Mrs Z, I will just quickly check what his answer to them was for you. BRB.

Here you go, I am wondering if it would be a good idea to telephone the Information Commissioner's Office to see if this type of data sharing is permitted.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/57846-debt-written-off-due-34.html#post1537249

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This was his response..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/57846-debt-written-off-due-41.html#post1755436

Hey, yes i did respond to the 'utility company' statement re Moorcroft (Halifax and Cahoot) but had no reply whatsoever I'm afraid. I will be bringing the matter to the attention of the Information Commissioners Office to see what their view is regarding such statements (but being a government body they probably don't care mind you!).

Here is the sentence i used if Mrs Zeus would like to use it or even add more weight to it. I'm not legally certain whether it is a breach of the Data Protection Act.. but if it isn't, it sure should be. But i should think it a reasonable request at the very least to ask what utility company has been responsible for passing my personal details. I doubt I'll ever get an answer (as it's probably not true and just scare tactics.)

"If you require information as to confirmation of my identity and occupancy, as your previous letter has inferred, then you will be charged £10 per item which is preferable to committing a breach of the Data Protection Act in soliciting my personal details from a 'public utility company'. Should the later occur, or has already occurred, i will require the name of said company as i will wish to issue legal proceedings against them for breach of said Act."

BCOBS

I have just telephoned the Information Commissioners Office. :-D

There would be no legal basis on which Moorcroft could request this information from any Utility company. Their advice is to write to Moorcroft and insist they provide you with the name of the Utility company they refer to. Then make a complaint to the ICO . :)

BCOBS

Good morning, Mrs Z here

babybear, Mr Z and I are fine thank you, glad everything's well with you and Uni :)

citizenB, what can I say?? You're a star as usual! :)

Thank you so much for going to all that trouble for Mr Z and I regarding the Moorcroft morons!!

I shall certainly write to them on the basis of your telecom with the Information Commissioners Office, thank you so much once again! I will also do a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office too!

Also a big thank you to Davey77 for his input, we very grateful indeed!

The CAG has truly restored my faith in human nature, I feel quite humbled, thank you all from the bottom of my (and Mr Z's) heart.

Hi, Mrs Z back again!

This post is more of a moan really; it concerns Citi Cards/1st Credit. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I wrote to our local Trading standards, 1st Credit’s area Trading Standards and to the OFT.

The post has just arrived and Mr Z has received a reply from our local Trading Standards.

I despair, I really do! What is the point in writing to these people? I feel it’s been a complete waste of time.

All relevant copies of letters of communication between Mr Z and Citi/1st Credit were enclosed, which TS have kindly sent back to “re-use” in a complaint to the FOS.

Personally, I find the comments rather contradictory, especially point 5 – or is it just me??

Anyone’s opinion on this would be welcome, thank you.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/Misterzeus/TSSCAN.jpg

A rather despondent Mrs Z :(

PS: I can almost hear knoxvillian say - I told you so :lol:

I have just telephoned the Information Commissioners Office. :-D

There would be no legal basis on which Moorcroft could request this information from any Utility company. Their advice is to write to Moorcroft and insist they provide you with the name of the Utility company they refer to. Then make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office . :)

Unless, of course, it's Moorcroft United Utilities that has provided the information and they are part of the same group of companies that fall under the same Data Controller.

;)

Of course, that's a joke, as far as I know.

:p

Unless, of course, it's Moorcroft United Utilities that has provided the information and they are part of the same group of companies that fall under the same Data Controller.

;)

Of course, that's a joke, as far as I know.

:p

:lol: Nice one :p

Mrs Z, go for it. Make a complaint to the FOS using RMW's excellent thread to make your complaint crystal clear. It will at least put the account firmly into dispute.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/136654-complaining-financial-ombudsman-service.html#post1447619

I too have been unsuccessful with complaints made to Trading Standards and now bypass them and go directly to the FOS.

I was however very impressed with a recent courtcase where TS prosecuted another market stall holder for selling things in imperial measurement. Even though the European Commission has said it is no longer a crime. Apparently it is still on our statute books and TS felt they just had to make an example of a pensioner trying to make a living ???

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

I was however very impressed with a recent courtcase where TS prosecuted another market stall holder for selling things in imperial measurement. Even though the European Commission has said it is no longer a crime. Apparently it is still on our statute books and TS felt they just had to make an example of a pensioner trying to make a living ???

That seems to be the only level at which some Trading Standards can operate!!

Thanks yet again citizenB for your help, will have to start again with a complaint to the FOS. I will make sure the covering letter explaining why Mr Z is complaining is crystal clear!! :D

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon all, Mrs Z here.

This is an update on the Citi fiasco, today Mr Z received a letter from Citi regarding his CCA request, together with 15 loose pages titled “ Credit Card Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974”.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/Misterzeus/CITIDONE.jpg

Should we file and ignore and wait to see what happens next or send them a suitable reply?

Any advice gratefully received, thank you

I believe they are incorrect in what they say. The only thing they are allowed to omit are the signature boxes. Unless you have been provided with a document that shows the prescribed terms then they havent fulfilled their obligation despite what they say.

You need someone with more knowledge of this though to be absolutely certain. :)

BCOBS

Thanks for your reply 111253 :-)

Thanks citizenB :-), regarding prescribed terms, it does state on the 2nd page of the loose leaf sheets – Purchase Rate, Balance Transfer and Cash Advance. The late fees stipulate a charge of £12 which means these are “current” terms and conditions.

I remember (I’ve a good memory sometimes!!) when it was in fact Peoples Bank and we were late in paying and they charged £20.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to S.A.R Citi?

Thanks

Mrs Z :-)

Good afternoon all, Mrs Z here.

This is an update on the Citi fiasco, today Mr Z received a letter from Citi regarding his CCA request, together with 15 loose pages titled “ Credit Card Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974”.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/Misterzeus/CITIDONE.jpg

Should we file and ignore and wait to see what happens next or send them a suitable reply?

Any advice gratefully received, thank you

In other words, they haven't got a copy of the agreement. If they did have, they would have sent it to you with a letter stating something along the lines of "We are delighted to enclose a true copy of your credit card agreement as requested. Now pay up."

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon all, Mrs Z here

This post is concerning Amex.

Quick recap:

Amex hasn’t come up with a valid CCA – yet. A complaint was sent to the FOS in July – still awaiting an adjudicator.

We saw off RMA, Credit Solutions Ltd, and the Moorcroft cretins and now this latest bunch of cowboys have crawled out from under a stone!

Mr Z has received the letter in link below today.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/Misterzeus/Vilcollections.jpg

I would like to ask if I may:

Should we reply and tell them this is subject to an FOS complaint and send a copy of their letter to the FOS or simply file and completely ignore them?

Any advice appreciated as always!

Both Mr Z and I would like to wish all Cagger’s a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Regards