Housing fund

SBOslayer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey all, i'm new to the boards lol, so just thought id say hey first and foremost! :D

The problem im having is that my rent is £225 and they are only going to give me a total of 37.50 a week which means that i am short of £ 75 on job seekers including bills and council tax benefit ill have nothing to live on. They focus on age which is a form of discrimination as far as i am concerned. But, in any case has anyone appealed and contested this amount? I'm 20 years old and wont have anywhere to live from here. going back to uni in september tho.

thanx guys.

hey all, i'm new to the boards lol, so just thought id say hey first and foremost! :D

The problem im having is that my rent is £225 and they are only going to give me a total of 37.50 a week which means that i am short of £ 75 on job seekers including bills and council tax benefit ill have nothing to live on. They focus on age which is a form of discrimination as far as i am concerned. But, in any case has anyone appealed and contested this amount? I'm 20 years old and wont have anywhere to live from here. going back to uni in september tho.

thanx guys.

Ekk this is a problem. You don't say if it is private accomadation, if the accomadation is considered too large for one person or a house share? All of these reflect how much you can get from housing benefit.

You most certainly can appeal any decision made by the DSS, just write to them saying you wish to appeal and you will receive the forms etc.

However if you are a ful ltime student, there doesn't seem to be any help for housing benefit.

I found this site which should help you - its the gov. site for people under 25 and gives an idea on what you can claim.

The first is benefits:

Benefits for young people : Directgov - Young people

and this is the section for under 25:

Young people : Directgov

Hope this helps some.