Private parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

where the papers stamped by the cout? did you ring to make sure there not false? did you admit to been the driver?the contract is only with the driver.not the reg keeper.they can only sue for their loss which is zero as it is a free carpark.you are under no obligation to tell them who the driver was.pm sent

The papers were stamped i sent them back to bournemouth county court with a defence statement. i have already admitted to being the driver so cant really back track!

• 11 months later...

Wow, I seem to have spent a good part of my Sunday morning looking through this and many other threafds on PCNs.

I have just received a PCN, and on seeking advice, it seems to sum up to:

These are private companies that cannot enforce their charges ... so ignore them.

If you do decide to reply tehn claim you are the keeper, but were not the driver when the parking "offence" occured.

On this second point - is it that they have to prove you were the driver? Why should this make a difference if they cannot enforce anyway??

Thanks for all your help so far.

Yours, Stung, (a fan of Sting ??)

Wow, I seem to have spent a good part of my Sunday morning looking through this and many other threafds on PCNs.

I have just received a PCN, and on seeking advice, it seems to sum up to:

These are private companies that cannot enforce their charges ... so ignore them.

Yes, ignore them

If you do decide to reply tehn claim you are the keeper, but were not the driver when the parking "offence" occured.

If you decide to reply, you will only get more letters and threats. Don't claim you weren't the driver if you actually were. CAG does not advocate lying and it could cause you problems if it went to court.

On this second point - is it that they have to prove you were the driver? Why should this make a difference if they cannot enforce anyway??

Best bet is not not give them any info at all by not even acknowledging their letter.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Yours, Stung, (a fan of Sting ??)

Edited by crem