Credit card charges

Dancer199
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I wrote to Nat west over 6 months ago requesting statement of Charges applied to 2 cards I have with them, One was sent within a week which showed they had charded me £460.00 in charges and the other just did not appear, It has been 6 months now and After 15 phone calls to them (one included being told they were busy as the reason for not recieving the details on the other card) I eventually recieved the details. This card shows £356.00 in charges.

I sent a lba letter from the first cards details only to recieve a letter back saying they would not pay the full amount but offered £137.00 as a goodwill gesture.

I have not responded to it yet as I want to do both cards at the same time.

I want to apply for interest on the cards aswell as the amounts, can anyone tell me how to calculate this as the fees are applied over a 4 yr period.

I did this with MBNA as they owed me £490.00 asking for costs and interest and they sent me a cheque for £1380.00 (dont ask me to explain that one but it duly got banked !

Nat west seem to be playing hard ball and Im lost now as how to progress

Thankyou

You need to send them a SAR under the Data Protection Act, to get a list of all statements.

You then go through them all, highlighting each charge, then calculating the interest on each charge from the date each charge was levied.

The final figure is what they owe you.

Check out the CAG how to do it guide and follow it to the letter. :)

It sounds daunting, but its quite simple really.

Come back if you want any help.

They always send a 'goodwill gesture' letter as a way of minimising their loss (well some people would accept). Good for you for not falling for that.

Can I suggest you keep all communication to letters in future. They can promise you the moon on the 'phone............. If you have time it would also be a good idea to read some of the longer threads to get an idea how Natwest try and play it out.

Once you have worked out the interest using the spreadsheets, they will offer you the difference between the current £12 charge and the previous £20 charge, i.e £8 per charge and a bit of interest thrown in.Either reject this completely, or accept as a partial. They may then up their offer slightly, but not by much. Then file in court. they will get their solicitors on the case (it was Cobbetts when I did it on behalf of my OH)). I found Cobbetts quite reasonable, tbh. Ended up with all charges and interest, and court fees. Less than 8 weeks start to finish. Only concession I made was to knock off a few quid in negotiations, my "concession" worked out to about 2% of what i was claiming, but showed willing.