hfo! again....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i posted this earlier, but believe this is the right bit to post on- so this is what i wrote...

hi! came across this site by searching a company called HFO- seems alot of you have heard of them!

they rang me today while i was out so my partner answered the phone. a guy called mark williams from the pre-litigation?? dept said i had to call him back a.s.a.p to discuss my case with him. my partner said he sounded foreign- possibly indian accent. from what i have read on here, they have contacted me before- the logistics direct card through the door. but having used delivery companies before- i just binned the card as i know they dont post missed parcel cards through the door lol

so i guess i have to ask- do i phone them back? i know i have a few debts, but am confused as to whether i make contact with these people or not. some of you said they have contacted over a barclaycard debt- which i believe i have, but have not paid on due to financial probs. apparently this guy is gonna phone back later today- do i answer?

any help would be appreciated- you peeps on here make alot of sense!

Hi, tashasmum.

Never speak to these people on the phone.(They will talk you into selling your Granny)

Send them Letter N from the Library, get them to prove they have the Legal right to persue you for the alleged debt.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Tashasmum

Never talk to them on the phone, they will try to get you to pay them.

I have had a bad time with them, I found them to be very rude and aggressive, they even got my work email address and sent me an email.

I told them I would only deal with them in writing, they didn't want that so I sent a CCA request to them.

If they really want to get intouch they will send you a letter, wait for this to arrive, then send the CCA request letter to them.

Hope this helps.

Wikkitt

Hi Tashasmum

Welcome to CAG. I'm afraid HFO are a particular nasty bunch. Wait until they write and then CCA them. See the template letters on this site. Whatever you do, do NOT phone them back. If they ring back, just say wrong number.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

good morning all!

well this morning i got a letter from "barclaycard" for a start at the address part they put my first name first, then MISS then my last name. so when you read the first part of the letter it says dear RM then my last name lol. so maybe they think miss is my middle name??

anyway, it says that hfo are now in charge of my debt and any correspondance etc is to go straight through them.

the address they have put on for hfo is in west byfleet, surrey, but what didnt surprise me is that the postal mark on the envelope is from there aswell- so is it a true barclaycard letter i wonder?? the letter is also dated yesterdays date.

so is this the time i write off to ask them for the cca?

they rang once last night and i ignored it- have also pinned the number above my partners desk lol. he said it was a mobile number they were ringing from.

anyway, hope you are all well today- thanks for your help so far xxx

Have you had anything in writing from HFO yet other than the letter from 'Barclaycard'? I'd wait until HFO actually write and then CCA them in response.

And when you do send the CCA, send the fee of £1 by postal order, not a cheque, which would provide details of your current bank account. Keep the PO counterfoil for later.

hi all! got a letter from them this morning. it says

"your debt (including all legal rights and obligations associated with it) has been sold by barclaycard to hfo, a factoring company. hfo will devote all of its commercial and legal resources to the collection of this debt. hfo will have no hesitation in suing you and enforcing its judgement against your income and assets, including any property you own.

you can save yourself a great deal of expense and aggravation by calling today. i can guarantee that it will NEVER be cheaper for you to settle your debt than it is today."

so i guess now i send off the cca?

just one other question- i'm a housing association tenant, so don't actually own any property, also we are living on benefits at present as my man can't find work, so we are pretty much skint- so what can they actually take from us??

anyway- have been really good and ignored the phone when they call- just hope this works out ok

I doubt they can take much in that case.

Make sure you send the CCA request off ASAP. Remember to send the letter by recorded delivery ( or special delivery if you can afford it) together with a £1 postal order and do not sign the letter with your normal signature. Try typing your name in one of the more unusual fonts set to italics. Makes a wonderful written signature!