Quick Question

sammy01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to Capital One on the 20/06/06 requesting a refund of the charges following the DPA request. Today was the deadline for a reply which I received. However the cheeky people wrote advising it would take a little while to look into our situation and come back with a detailed response and they would respond within four weeks from the date of their letter. If for some reason their investigations take longer than four weeks they would contact us !!! Can I send the LBA with an added bit along the lines of I feel a large organisation such as them should be able to deal with this within the 14 days given. They also enclosed a leaflet called Please tell us when we make a mistake .........because no-body's perfect.

My partner received the same response today, LBA to be posted tomorrow.

Paul

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

this is your action against them and therefore it must be moved forward according to your timetable. show no signs that you are willing to deviate from this plan, or they will take control of the whole process.

i let my timetable slip wath my DPA request from my bank. they took control and messed me around for about 8 weeks

YOUR ACTION

YOUR TIMETABLE

STICK TO IT

In response to your question Sammy01, add to the LBA if you wish, but I don't think it's essential. We have given a deadline and they are stalling!

Paul

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi-Received a reply from Cap 1 today offering the difference between the £20 and what they think is fair according to the OFT of £12. Having already sent the LBA and the time limit is up, should I send a simple letter saying thank you I will accept this and will continue with the online claim for the rest, and at the same time file the online claim. Or send the letter and give them a period of time to reply before filling in the online claim.

By all means accept their offer as a partial refund only but advise them that you are now proceeding to court to claim the remainder. Don't give them any more time - this is their standard stalling tactic so don't fall for it :)

• 2 weeks later...

After reading Barracad v Capital One **WON ** thread earlier today re Capital One and Payment Protection Insurance I have spoken to Cap 1. Very nice guy who keep me on hold for quite a long time, don't think he was too sure what to say. The outcome is they are not sure who this affects yet and letters will be sent but he didn't know when this would be. Will wait a couple of weeks and then chase again unless I read anything else on the forum.