stop doorstep collectors calling (not baileffs)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a problem with a loan company trying to collect from me money i cannot afford to pay right now (but can in 2 months) they keep coming to the door, i dont answer, i know its them cus they leave me a voice mail, however they are not baileffs as this is an unsecured debt, its just the companys own in house collection people, ive sent them a letter to stop the phone calls, but how can i stop them coming to the door, i dont need it, im pregnant and i have a small child, i dont need the stress..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

:)Im new... pls be gentle :)

Hi,

I think I found the wording for the letter,

(EDIT to suit)

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

Hope that helps

• Haha 1

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

that is brilliant, thanks very very much you have really helped taken tht load of my mind, tht will be winging its way to them by 1st class recorded 2moz

your a star cheers

You're very welcome! :D

I was a nervous wreck until a couple of weeks ago and I found CAG... now I'm fighting back against these DCAs and their Bully Boy tactics!

Let us know how you get on...

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

yes i certainly will, i was also the same untill i came across this website, and gradually i am getting my confidence up, i sent out cca's to a few the other week, no response bar one (just stated they were noting my request and accoutn was on hold) and today i have received a pile of default notices fromn the peeps ive sent cca's to, now im not sure but i think that this cant be done since ive requested my cca and they have not supplied..

Will be scouring this site n the mnorning for the relevant templates to fly back at them, i cant belive i used to let these people get to me so much..

Balls to em..

Im just gonna sort out my prioity debts like ctax and stuff.. mabey then ill give the others a look in..

however one thing i have learnt, i wish i never was stupid enough to get n this mess in the first place!!!

hindsight is a wonderfull thing

Hi Tila! :smile:

Sorry to jump in... I'd been looking for it for ages myself!

I'm only a Newbie really but, like you, I'm trying to help where I can.

CAG is WONDERFUL!!!