• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

18/19 July Liverpool

gizmo111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't be soft my leccy is hooked up to the street light outside .. I am born a scouser you know :p

Ahhhhhhh.......... a girl after me own dear heart, lmao!!!! :D

( I now have visions of leccie board outside my house checking incase I have lol )

he is now u doofus, pmsl!!!!! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll have to wait his turn then, between the Social guy, the water board guy, the neighbour with no wheels on his car and the Serious Fraud Squad, there'll be a queue!!! And seeing where she lives and her son's taste in football lamps, there'll be talking, that's for sure!!! :razz:

Roight, local residents, have you got a time and place sorted as meeting point then? And no, Jan, not under the bleedy clock at the station, somewhere to sit and have a drink whilst waiting for stragglers!!! :rolleyes:

As far as I was aware everyone is staying at mine

anyway :confused:

ok in my kitchen , just by the cooker at 6pm ... will you all be able to make it there from the living room ? :p

if they text/ phone me as the arrive in Liverpool ( if you don't have my number PM me ) then I will meet them or give them directions to mine. The only times I can't meet anyone is between 3pm and 4.30 as I have to collect my kids from school and then wait for the school bus to drop my other son off at the house .

But if anyone wants to come who is not staying in mine let us know and we will sort a meeting place out

Any chance of the ones coming by car bring a quilt / sleeping bag ?

Edited by Janet-M

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I'll be arriving Friday PM, there's engineering works all over the line all weekend, so Mr BW reliably informs me, and I am not changing to buses, rickshaws, pedalos or whatever they decide to use as substitutes. If I pay for a bleeding train, then I expect to travel in a bleeding train. (actually, I don't pay, but the principle remains the same. :razz:)

I'm trying everything to get there. But my babysitter has had the cheek to book a holiday. :eek:

I'm not giving up yet though. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Panic over. Good ole dad to the rescue. :D

We will be there Friday about 5ish. I hope the shed will be finished! :p

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thailand and I. :D

And any waifs and strays we find on the way. :p

Edited by sea-sidelady
Had wrists slapped....!

F&Q's... Read here

i not even sure where im going know its liverpool thats it ill take your moby munmber with me janet do i just text and which station am i going to text me or pm me thank u :)xxkia

I'll be arriving Friday PM, there's engineering works all over the line all weekend, so Mr BW reliably informs me, and I am not changing to buses, rickshaws, pedalos or whatever they decide to use as substitutes. If I pay for a bleeding train, then I expect to travel in a bleeding train. (actually, I don't pay, but the principle remains the same. :razz:)
Someone doesn't read other peeps Posts in their entirety do they?...:rolleyes:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cag-meets/135154-18-19-july-liverpool-3.html#post1442234

...:D

i not even sure where im going know its liverpool thats it ill take your moby munmber with me janet do i just text and which station am i going to text me or pm me thank u :)xxkia

It's years since I have been on a train so I have no idea what trains go to what station .Liverpool Lime st station is easiest for me to park but if the trains from yours doesn't go there just let me know what station you will be at and what time and I will pick you up .

Seen as we don't know each other yes you better phone me when you arrive :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Someone doesn't read other peeps Posts in their entirety do they?...:rolleyes:

When the "other peeps" in question is you, you are quite correct, I don't. :-D

However, having just revisited post in question, the penny belatedly drops. In all fairness, your post was rather more obscure than usual, even by your standards. :razz:

Kia .. just had a quick look and it looks like the Southport train comes in at Liverpool central ... so just let me know what one you will be on and I'l pick you up .

doubts.

I will need your post code at some point, so i can program Lilly. :D

Just a quick question.... where the hell are we all sleeping??? :eek:

F&Q's... Read here

I will need your post code at some point, so i can program Lilly. :D

Just a quick question.... where the hell are we all sleeping??? :eek:

I'l PM you my post code in a min ....but after Lily has took you all over the country and EVENTUALLY you end up in Liverpool to save you then having a tour of Liverpool too just phone me and I will meet you :D

edited

sons room single bed = Bookie ( the room with the special light :p )

eldest sons room single bed = SSL

eldest sons room camp bed - Thai

Daughters room single bed = Tilly

daughters room guest bed = Kia (frid) hedgy (sat)

Playroom , hopefully on blow up beds = Martin .Tide turner ( if he wants to stay ??).MTM ( just frid )

I think thats everyone but still have 4 couches if I have missed anyone

and if anyone thinks I was joking when I said my house is still a building site then as soon as you get in and have to step over all the paint and tools you will realise I aint joking LOL .

Edited by Janet-M

doubts.

where the hell are we all sleeping??? :eek:

Then again ,from past experiences ,I don't think anyone will be even bothered once they have a few :D

doubts.