are insurance company negligent ?

delect
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonding if someone can help me.

We were involved in a minor collission june 07 , not my fault , no witnessess.

I gave statement to insurance, and broker.

I sent in written statement 3 times which they claim to never received.

They were going to do 50/50 as other person stated this was the case.

I informed them not to , to await my instructions, and that they were going on a one sided story as not received any info from me

Insurance comp went ahead and did 50/50, without any or very little info from myself about hte incident and paid out ot other party Dec 07 .

Until i had cause to call them today i had never been informed about the case being closed.

I have outstanding repair bill that i sent them(they cant find it .) , and I cant find the invoice now, and it was done on the cheap by a qualified friend , and obviously lost my no claims years ins.

I aslo lost nearly a full years insurance (as i sold car shortly after) but had to run ins as it was in the middle of a claim.

I have called and escalated to a higher member of staff, awaiting a reply call.

What are my rights and what can i do as i am totally peeved that they have closed this case without my side of the story, not bothered to inform me and not even bothered that i have financial claims as well .

hope someone can advise

Do you have any confirmation of your letters being sent i.e. recorded delivery signatures etc? This would be my first port of call. Proving they received these letters.

As far as I know, most insurers have policy wording that states they have the right to take over a claim for their own benefit. Check the policy wording.

I also don't think you have to continue your insurance just because you've made a claim. If the car was not a total loss though, you'll have a very hard time getting any of this back. If it was, and they know it; I would imagine you have a decent chance of recovering something - especially if it renewed as there would be no subject matter to contract on.

hi

thanks for the info.

Sorry to ask another q's. I am noow going to put in an official complaint in regards to this and am in the process.

They have asked for the repair bill, I do not have one now as it was sent to them and lost. I cannot get another one , do i just now have to write the repairs off , that i will not get back 50% of them, wasnt much but overall attitude that annoys me .

thanks