income support ripping me off ??!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there any help with this 1 would be excellent im asingle mum with 2 children the most recent born 25/9/07 i informed income support by telephone on the 12/10/07 that my daughter had been born they said to put it in writing which i did and posted anyway now claiming tax credit for both children and only started reciveing that end of jan so appealed for them to back date it but had phone call saying income support were paying for her for the period requested so take it up with them anyway so i rang them and they said i was getting money when i clearly wasnt told her to check again then after 20 ins she agreed i didnt recieve any money for her so she said i rang them 12/10/08 saying id given birth but they hadnt recieved the letter! and they can only back date payments to when the letter has been recieved im so angry n upset dont know what to do ive wrote another letter asking them to look into it but dont hold out much hope any help please ? how do they get away with this sort of thing.

they always want it in writing and usually a copy of the birth cert as well. always send everything recorded delivery and now is the timei think for you to go to see someone at the citizens advice bureau. they are brilliant and they are free. they will come with you to meetings and appointments and they will write the letters for you if you want them to. good luck.xx