• Tweets

• IMG_2820-IMG_2820-merged.pdfmerged.pdf Case management was this morning. Here is the Sheriff’s order. Moved case forward to 24/05.   He said there was no signed agreement and after a bit of “erm, erm, yeah but, erm” when he asked them, he allowed time for sol to contact claimant.  what is the next step now? thank you UCM  
    • I've had a quick (well, quick for a thread of this length),  read of this thread and to be honest I'm struggling to make heads nor tails of the actual crux of the issue here. You seem awfully convinced that whatever is going on is worth the fight and the odds are in your favour but with how the thread has gone it seems that one trail goes cold so you simply move on to another in an attempt to delay the inevitable. All it does is end up digging holes and confusing others and yourself which means any advice given to you is completely pointless. I note that for the life of this thread there has not been any documentation or correspondence uploaded for people to have a look. Have you got any that you'd be willing to redact and upload for members to assist you? Right now, it seems people are shooting out advice while being in the dark because it's starting to become very difficult for people who weren't here at the start of this (including myself) to follow along. Right now, this whole thread is just hypothetical "He said, she said" and is going nowhere fast. Nothing more than basic advice can be given which, as you've sought out some legal advice, is likely not sufficient to actually come to any sort of conclusion. I, personally, am starting to agree with others that it may be best to consider bankruptcy and put the matter behind you.  
    • Thanks for coming back to us. There are no guarantees - but remember that so far MET have not had the guts to put even a single case before a judge.  Not once. Yours is one of seven court cases. Three ongoing like yours. In two MET bottled it as Witness Statement stage approached. In one the allocating judge decided their Particulars of Claim were rubbish and threw the case in the bin. Just the one victory by MET by default when the motorist stupidly didn't file a defence. So there is every chance that MET will throw in the towel in your case too if you stand firm. Please keep us informed of what is happening. Regarding being abroad, that is no reason for things going wrong, you can request an on-line hearing and we've had several cases where the PPC gave up when the motorist moved abroad. But please keep us in the loop.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nasty Creation Finance **WON** Discontinued

honey5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Chris

Thanks for popping in, the great thing about this site is that we can all share our experience and that can only serve to help people make their own decisions

I appreciate you taking the time to post this:) and i am always happy to be corrected

Regards

paul

Yikes.. wasn't correcting you :shock:

Just a different viewpoint, really. I probably would use them again, to be honest, as they are really powerful if granted. (Just because my Judge didn't, doesn't mean another won't, as we know...)

It is great we can share our views and let the OP make an informed decision - also interesting to see what happens either way, isn't it? ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you have it sorted out Honey. :)

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

The problem with the standard directions in the small claims track is they do not require disclosure, and so disclosure does not happen... in which case, you still end up with a new trial date being set.

You can reduce the cost implications by not asking for a directions hearing... the judge may order one anyway, but it is harder to justify awarding additional costs in that case.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

flurry of activity here :)

letter dated 9th may

dear madam

creation financial services limited-v-yourself

we refer to the above matter.

please find enclosed by way of service, a copy of our clients allocation questionnaiire.

Drydens

attached were their draft directions

1 the case be allocated to the small claims track

2 there be a stay in the proceedings for a period of one month to enable the parties to try to resoce the case with further intervention of the court

2 by 4pm on [28days for the date of the order] the claimant shall write to the court to confirm whether a. the case has settled b. a further stay is required; or c. what directions are requested to progress the case.

4 costs in the case

]

second letter dated 30th may

we refer to above matter

Please note we are awaiting our clients specific instruction in relation to the issues raised in oyu defence, however in the interim, we now enclose by way of service upon you a copy of the credit agreement which was duly signed by you and a representative of adams kids on 25 february 2008 :o

Given that the above and the aforementioned enclosure, we trust that you will not seek to rely any further upon your initial allegation that an enforceable agreement doesn not exist.

On a further point; in interest of savings and costs in this matter, our client has confirmed that it may be prepared to suspend the court proceedings if the parties are able to negotiate acceptable terms for repayment of the debt. We would therefore innvite your proposals for repayment of the outstanding sum so that we may revert to our client accordingly.

As you will know court directions provide that the parties must file allocation Q but 2nd June. A copy of our clients AQ will be served upon you under seperate cover, however, we would ask you to note that we intend to ask the courts to stay the proceedings for one month to allow negotiations to take place.

Given that the relevanat rules require parties to attempt to settle claims before the requirement of a hearing. We trust that you will have no objection to this proposed course of action.

Drydens

sorry scannerless still :(

the agreement contains

1 credit agreement reg by......

2 my name

3 marital status

4 spouse/partners name

5 phone number

6 address

7 previous address

8 cards held

9 employment details

10 payment method (the min payment is 5% of the outstanding balance shown on your statements or £5 whichever is the greater)

11 payment protection X

12 card protection X

13 bank or building society details X

14 declaration and consent

15 your right to cancel

16 signature yep its mine date 25 feb 1998

then a box for store use only

3rd letter

30th may

with out prejudice save as to costs

we refer to the above matter

in the interest of saving costs potentially incurred as a result of these proceedings, we are instructed that our client is prepared to suspend its claim against you on the condition that you agree to repay the principal debt our client is claiming.

Our client would be willing to accept the required amount either by lump sum or by way of payments no less than £50 per month

the particulars of our clients offer are set out below

the offer

1 this offer is made pursuant to part 36 of the civil proceedure rules

2 our client will accept £*** from you and on the condition the payment is recieved by the required dat or the reqired monthly installments are received byt their required date our client will take no further action against you.

4 the offer includes interest and relates to the whole of our clients claim

received this morning

we refer to the above matter

Thankyou for sending to us your copy of the AQ and we thust that you will by now have received our without prjudice correspondence dated 30th may

We note the contents therein and, further to our provisioin of the credit agreement, we are endeavoring to obtain copies of the documents you have requested from our client.

With reference to the default notice however, as we have congirmed in previous correspondence our client does not retain copies of the default notices it issues. We will however be able to provide a template of the default notice (as permitted under section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974) together with the relecant confirmation that the default notice was issued on the specified date. Once these documents are in our possession we will accordingly provide you with copies.

Y ou however make reference in your defence to having received a letter from our client addressed too *mrs honey* As you have stated that thje default notice was addressed to you., we do not understand on what basis you beliece it did not contain your name.

In order to clarify this matter, we would be grateful if you could provide us with a copy of the letter you refer to in your defence in order that we may seek our clients comments in relation to its contents

drydens

now what do i do :confused:

honey x

Hi honey,

It really would help if you could scan the agreement.

Does it mention anywhere on it about an interest rate or a credit limit - you didn't mention either of those and they are vital.

Also, who is the name of the creditor - is it Adams or creation finance?

Can I ask, do you remeber if you signed up for this instore or was it done through the post etc (I know it's from a long time ago)?

Finally, giving notice of cancellation rights is very important so could you say exactly what it says in the cancellation box. IF they hven't done this properly then it will be unenforceable.

no, no interest rate nor credit limit at all

its creation financial sevices

yes it was signed in store

cancellation box says

your right to cancel

once you have signed this agreement you still have for a short time a right to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by sears financial scervices limited

honey x

ok, this really is getting a bit confusing - and this is where seeing the document would really help.

The creditor on the agreement (not the claim form from the court) is creation financial services but I note that the cancellation details say it will be sent by sears financial services. It should be by the same company.

When you signed instore they should have given you a copy of the agreement to keep - I'm sure you don't remember after all this time. They should have included full cancellation details on that copy - but it was rare for credit card companies to do that.

Are you absolutely certain there is no interest rate shown on the agreement? If not they're totally b*ggered and they can't do anything.

With the credit limit it may say something like we will determine your credit limit and let you know.

It's difficult to say without actually seeing the agreement, but it does sound as though this is totally unenforceable. But I am only going on what you have told me and without seeing the actual agreement

• 1 month later...

Subbing x

Honey how is it going? :confused:

I did a search for Drydens on here and found your thread as I've got Drydens (for Creation) chasing me at the mo, similar situation to yours by the sounds of it.

Love SG x

• Haha 1

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 4 weeks later...

:):):):):)

received this morning

dear madam,

creation financial services ~V~ Yourself

we refer to the above matter.

Whilst masking no admission of liability in respect of the allegations raised in your defence, and purely on a commercial basis, our client no longer wishes to proceed with its claim against you and we now enclose, by way of service, a Notice of Discontinuance which we have filed at court accordingly.

yours faithfully

Drydens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a HUGE THANKYOU to all that have helped and a very special thankyou to Jowalshy for the marathon she ran to get the papers back in time for court xxx

1.gifJo xxx

honey x

yipeeeee. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..

doing cartwheels here :D

well done honey :):):)

xx

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Well done Honey :D:D:D

Woo hoo!!!

that is GREAT news! I am chuffed to mint balls for ya!!

Love & hugs

SG xxx

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

thankyou all :)

SG they arent nice but................. with the help of everyone here .........theyre now gawn :D Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

and cheers tom its much appreciated xxx:)

CCM thankyou xxxx

honey x