Sick Of Hearing About Bank Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i can see that this thread has now ultimately come to an end, i would like to thank those who read my points of view and gave me theirs, for that i am grateful and i have learned a great deal.

contrary to what a few of you think, i did not set out to offend or intimated anyone and i wouldn't like to think that my thread may deter others from registering and seeking help.

I would like to point out that i apologised to the member who's thread i had originally posted on.

If a moderator see's fit, i am more than happy for the thread to be removed.

thanks again,

I think the general navel gazing to which you refer is in danger of happening when we all agree on one thing backslap one another on how right we are.

That's compulsory in the DCA forums though! :grin: :grin: :grin: Nothing annoys the Gollum Eyes more IMHO. You have to razz them up for good measure! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

• 5 months later...

I can see why he made that assumtion tho 1970. You posted that you set up your own contract for a mobile up when you worked for that mobile company without signing/agreeing to anything.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I don't knoiw if he's a troll or not, but I would suggest that for one who is 'sick of hearing about charges' this forum is probably not the place to come. It doesn't really make much sense. Each to their own though I suppose.

I didn't think he was a troll, I thought he was a victim of bank propaganda...... I think he thought he was above all the facts on this site, and was here to give us a lesson. Can't have a go at that guy, you can't blame him for having an opinion, or falling foul of that rotten opinion the banks etc throw about. Hopefully he will go away and sort out his facts, and I'll bet he would be welcomed back if he did.

Having read the thread - LOL. :D If he carries on this way, he would then certainly be a bloomin' troll.

No a troll is someone posting stupid stuff trying for an argument, they're really low people who think they're cleaver on the Internet types... you know what I'm talking about?

Curr is someone with a different point of view trying to talk it through reasonably

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Locustus, I know exactly what you are getting at. There can be alot of history in someone's actions, that won't come across ordinarily - yet people will, and always judge on thier first notions. :rolleyes: My 2nd para wasn't clear - it refered to the 'fraud' accusation - I didn't look for myself, so that could be wrong. In any case, I agreed with his right to have his say.

You know what I'm talking about?

Haven't read all of this thread, but the first page struck me how OP appeared to looking down at the thick, feckless paupers who only had themselves to blame for their own situation..... from his/her supposed higher moral platform of relative financial comfort.

I believe the banks and DCAs have made similar mistakes in recent years.

:p

Precisely PO

Of couse everyone is entitled to their views, no one would claim otherwise but this site isn't the place for the holier then thou crowd too pontificate their disparaging opinions about those unfortunate to find themselves in debt & being harassed (often illegally) by the the money lenders.

Clearly as most here are in financial trouble there will always be some people who won't be able to resist coming here to critize in what they will see as a mass market for their drivel

[RANT]I think a lot of people who have a good income and savings have lost touch with, or never were in touch with what happens to the poorer people in society... they pass a homeless person on the street and think they're trying to pull a fast one. Now, I never give money to the homeless... I'd rather go into subway and buy them food as some people do beg for money to spend on alcohol and drugs, but these people are all victims in a way. No-one goes to the career advisor in school and says "I want to sell the "big issue" for a living! The only way to make people with money understand these issues is to debate them. I think that is what Curr has done. He posted with a Semi-open mind what his beliefs were, listened to what the CAGers had to say and then has seen that it's not all as black and white as he 1st thaught.

The more people that don't understand the issues or are blinded by the rubbish that the banks feed us that end up here and get things clear in their mind the better IMHO. People may leave thinking "9 out of 10 people claiming bank charges are conning the system" and they're entitled to that opinion. I personally feel when you show someone how easy it is to get in a mess, and how expensive a wages going into your account 3 days late can proove to be, then they will share most of our views.[/RANT]

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Sorry locutus disagree because just 10 minutes spent reading this site (without posting rubbish) should be more than enough to 'educate' the misinformed & deluded about how people get into debt & the injustices they suffer as a consequence

there's also the point made in this thread that bank charges exist as a result of the free banking we enjoy. However, I disagree.

The basic principle of banking is that I put my money in a bank for them to then lend to others for a profit and as a result I dont get charged 50p to raise a cheque to spend my own money.

The idea of banking was not invented on the basis of profiting from penalties. Penalties have come about as a result of abuse of power as I am quite sure that the original business plan for a bank did not account for customers not being able to manage their money.

It's going to be an interesting year...

There also appears to be one law for people without money and another law for those with it.... presumably because of the misguided (historical) belief that those without money are less "worthy"... :rolleyes:... and not intelligent enough to stand up for themselves anyway... :rolleyes:

A good illustration of this is how the Lloyd's Names were compensated for their losses in the early 1990s (?)... and more recently, the way Northern Rock has been bailed out... bless.

I tried starting a thread on keeping Northern Rock. I didn't get much feedback though. We are supposed to be living in a democracy. I'm sure there would be 'huge' demand for a national bank. We now own a bank. Everyone just seems to accept that we can't keep it to serve us. Everyone seems to accept that we have bailed it out and will beef it up again before selling it back to some gits at a ridiculous price. I quite agree that banks should make their money from having your money, not by extortionately charging you for basically no good reason. Absolute bollocks in my eyes. It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with another Federal Reserve in the future either!