Ftoboy V HSBC

ftoboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well i sent the prelim letter off and got a reply in 5 days saying we are collating all your statements and you shall recieve these in the next couple pf days free of charge. All good upto now. Sent the letter off saying i want my 1500 quid back and they have until this Thursday to reply. I have recently switched accounts to Alliance And Leicester (joint one with the future wife) will this hinder me at all? Thanks in advance

Geoff

I have just opened a new account with Nat West which was quick and easy and all done online. Just incase HSBC decide they dont want to pay interest on the money they have had to pay me back.

Not sure what you mean by will opening a joint account hinder you? Do you mean your chances of reclaiming your money? I do know that when it comes to credit checking , if you have something will is financially joint, ie. a bank account then both of your details are used. For example, if you apply for a loan in your name it is not just you who will be checked out, it will be your partner on your joint account. Am I making any sense, it is quite hot out!

Louise

Yeah you make sense lousie :)

My question is, i authorised the A&L to close my HSBC account when i opened my new account. Will this effect HSBC paying me for the charges they applied before this?

Does that make a bit more sense, im really not with it today :Cry: sorry about any confussion hee hee.

It shouldnt make any difference. People are claiming on accounts/credit cards etc.. that have been closed for years. The money is yours and they took it, regardless of whether your account is still live or has been closed for a year! Go for it!

Louise

Yeah you make sense lousie :)

My question is, i authorised the A&L to close my HSBC account when i opened my new account. Will this effect HSBC paying me for the charges they applied before this?

Does that make a bit more sense, im really not with it today :Cry: sorry about any confussion hee hee.

yeah, its not an issue, carry on :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Just found out the missus didnt send the second letter recorded is it worth sending it again recorded delivery? They have until this Thursday to respond to the original but wont they claim they didnt recieve it?

There is no need to send any of the letters Recorded Delivery - as long as you have kept a dated copy of the letter you sent that will be fine.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well tomorrow the 14 days are up what do i do then? i was thinking about sending another letter saying something along the lines of you havent responded to me so therefor this is your final chance? Im kinda stuck on ideas though.

Is this the premlim letter requesting your cash back that you have had no response from? If so there is a LBA (Letter before action) template letter in the library. It gives them (out of the goodness of your heart) another 14 days to respond before you start court action. Basically along the lines of stating how dissapointed you are that they have not responded..

Look in the libraries section and you shoud find it. Mines written ready as I doubt they will reply to my prelim within the 14 days given

Louise

Well tomorrow the 14 days are up what do i do then? i was thinking about sending another letter saying something along the lines of you havent responded to me so therefor this is your final chance?

Stick to the deadlines you have set - if no response move on to the next step. If you write again giving them extra time or another chance to reply they will think you aren't serious and not prepared to take it all the way.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Help

Got a letter this am saying yes we will pay the full amount if you sign this form.. it has the wrong account number it firstly, secondly it says they will credit my account which they cannot because i dont have one with them anymore. i have spoken to customer services who have flagged it up but their department isnt open today. Do i make the changes to the form they have sent me and copy it or do i write them a letter along with it>

Have they offered you the full amount?

If so, cross out the errors and anything you don't agree to- including any confidentiality clause, and then return the form to them.