Charges refunded

efunc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I went over my £500 limit by £8.28 and also failed to make a payment on the 8th of Feb this year. On the 13th Feb, as soon as I realised what had happened, I immediately settled the account in full as I do every month. Unfortunately I was charged two £12 penalty charges for exceeding my limit and another for paying 5 days late.

The good news is that I called them today, prior to writing them a letter and they agreed to refund the late payment fee in full and half the Over Limit fee. I accepted this offer on the basis that it saved me some letter writing and just leaves me £6 in arrears.

However I also asked them if they could lift the 'default' notice added to my credit receord, and they said that wouldn't be possible. Is that correct? I'm guessing it is becuase, after all, I did forget to pay on time.

I haven't actually checked my record. I just assumed there would be a default and asked them if they'd consider removing it since I have been very good making payments and have been a loyal card holder for over 20yrs! They immediately answered that they could not do that because I had made a transgression. Do you think that was just a stock reply?

I don't know about BC with regard to this but I do know that M&S Credit Card marks late or missed monthly payments against your Credit Rating info.

If the problems has been sorted, then it will show as a one-off late/missed pay't and subsequent ones will show as up to date.

Don't know if this is a Default as such but I doubt there's anything you can do about it.

Keep the pay'ts up to date now if poss and your record will look better each month.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

It may not be a prob - just a minor blip on the record, which will also show you've kept it OK since.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)