Any Chance of me getting it back- Cancelled Gym Membership!

mack187
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon

About 18 months ago I signed up to a well known Gym chain, I signed up to pay £35 per month. As my financial situation spiralled out of control I phoned the gym and informed them I would have to end the "agreement" early and cancelled my DD three months into it.

After a few months a received a letter C.A.R.S account recovery solution demanding payment of the remaining payments in full, not being as savvy as I perhaps am now I paniked and paid them the 300 odd pounds in full having to borrow most of it.

I have since read that it may be unlawful or unenforceble for them to claim the rest of these payments? Does anybody know if their is any truth in this and also is their any small chance I might be able to get my money back.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Depending on the contract (if you have it, can you post it, minus personal details?) it is highly likely that you did owe the money and can't get it back.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.