• Tweets

• Bookmakers use betting on political events to entice new customers, and say it is growing.View the full article
    • nope  and  neither dx
    • Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
    • dispute it with whichever cra provider is now showing it. simply state the a/c is from 2015 and was defaulted (date) and should not have re appeared. probably getting ready to sell it on. dx
    • Hi Caught Shoplifting at John Lewis - Retail loss Prevention/Other shoplifting allegations. - Consumer Action Group Thanks a lot for commenting this experience of yours. I do understand this might be something that you are not willing to talk about anymore but the same exact scenario happened with me today at John Lewis. They took my name/ address/ a picture of me holding a signed banned letter. the only questions I've got are... will I be contacted by the police will this be recorded as police caution or criminal record?  I would really really appreciate if you could let me know how it went.  I am so so so ashamed of myself and am really making changes in my life I feel like I've lost myself for a period of my life but anyways it would be really great to hear back. Thanks 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following this thread, I have laughed myself sick at the great things some of you have done and countered the vermin with, I also appreciate how near the end some have been, and others, who have yet to have the comfort and guidance of the wise souls here who provide so much help will feel.

I have been at the (almost) end of the rope, thinking about the car exhaust and a quiet back road just over a year and a half agao ago, neck deep, but struggling and then a triple bypass, getting arresy calls from ( particularly) RMA at the time aweek after coming home where not appreciated, particularly with threats of coming round in an hour to take things away( without a CCJ etc of course- as I have found out)

Then I discovered CAG, it made so much differance to life, yes sure, some queries may not be dismissable, but more are than not, and it is absoluletely amazing at the sheer incompetance of these Chimp House idiots( and that is being derogatory to Chimps) Their disgusting behaviour, which reported with evidence to a court would result in severe fines and/or custodial sentances if carried out in the public domain

I Can only reccomend, record the threat o calls, or say you are recording them, as a private person, you are not obliged to even say you are recording a telephone call, and if they say it is illegal tell them "oh no it isnt!"

In conclusion, I cannot than CAG, and the dedicated, unstinting professional opinions of those who council and guide here

And for the benefit of the gusets from those professional, client oriantated, helpful etc etc oranisations, who are collecively known as Collection Agents ---

A guesture perfected by old man Steptoe !!

Thank you

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Following this thread, I have laughed myself sick at the great things some of you have done and countered the vermin with, I also appreciate how near the end some have been, and others, who have yet to have the comfort and guidance of the wise souls here who provide so much help will feel.

I have been at the (almost) end of the rope, thinking about the car exhaust and a quiet back road just over a year and a half agao ago, neck deep, but struggling and then a triple bypass, getting arresy calls from ( particularly) RMA at the time aweek after coming home where not appreciated, particularly with threats of coming round in an hour to take things away( without a CCJ etc of course- as I have found out)

Then I discovered CAG, it made so much differance to life, yes sure, some queries may not be dismissable, but more are than not, and it is absoluletely amazing at the sheer incompetance of these Chimp House idiots( and that is being derogatory to Chimps) Their disgusting behaviour, which reported with evidence to a court would result in severe fines and/or custodial sentances if carried out in the public domain

I Can only reccomend, record the threat o calls, or say you are recording them, as a private person, you are not obliged to even say you are recording a telephone call, and if they say it is illegal tell them "oh no it isnt!"

In conclusion, I cannot than CAG, and the dedicated, unstinting professional opinions of those who council and guide here

And for the benefit of the gusets from those professional, client oriantated, helpful etc etc oranisations, who are collecively known as Collection Agents ---

A guesture perfected by old man Steptoe !!

Thank you

Good for you vengeancemon. I've been there too and only wished I'd found this site a couple of years earlier. Like you, I'm not going to win them all but I'm well up on balance and things at the moment are easily manageable for me.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I have to agree. CAG has given me new strength to carry on when things are tough. Not just the fight with DCA **** but to do anything I can to make peeps realise they're nothing to be scared of.

The more funny videos and calls I post and see others posting transcripts of calls, the more inspired I get.

We are winning the fight where ordinary and decent people are starting to make a difference. It has been, and will still be a long and tough road.

Winners never quit.

The first DCA who gets shut down as a result will be a massive CAG victory and something to celebrate. But don't end there. That first victory is the beginning of a campaign to shut down any bank/DCA who fails to obey the law and follow guidelines.

Once we have one victory, we have them by the balls. They have to follow guidelines and obey the law, otherwise they're the next to get shut down.

:D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Being new on here and only joined yesterday, was seeking advice about Mackenzie Hall i have not laughed so much for ages. Yesterday i was worried sick about the letter that i got, but having read some of the things you nice people have said to the DCA's has somehow put a different perspective on things. I have just finished treatment for breast cancer so it really has made me have a good chuckle about things and life suddenly seems a lot brighter.

Thank you all

xxx

I had that once and said.

Really? So what are you going to do about it huh?

I'm going to report you!!!

He got even worse when I would't stop laughing.

David

hi only joined today but have had a little experience with dca's if you are going to say you are recording calls say it at the beginning of the call that way if you really were recording intending to use it they have to be notified at the very beg of call.

hi only joined today but have had a little experience with dca's if you are going to say you are recording calls say it at the beginning of the call that way if you really were recording intending to use it they have to be notified at the very beg of call.

Welcome to CAG. :)

Glad you chose my famous thread to make your 1st post ;)

For those who didn't know, Capquest haven't found my tea-towel or my CCA yet!

(But I think I may buy myself a new tea- towel now anyway!).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/155477-sd-receivec-post-day-8.html

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Strewth guys, have managed to catch up again at last :eek:

GM, I think a few days ago you really lost it! I was totally bamboozled trying to follow you!

Then the rest of you with time machines and ebay purchases of strange flying things and so forth? sounds a bit like West Ham winning the premiership this year somehow :D

And of course fuzzybobble, love the new DILLIGAF video.

VD, :eek: fine words, as with many more of you too.

Too all you unknown friends, hi, good to be back........

Strewth guys, have managed to catch up again at last :eek:

GM, I think a few days ago you really lost it! I was totally bamboozled trying to follow you!

Then the rest of you with time machines and ebay purchases of strange flying things and so forth? sounds a bit like West Ham winning the premiership this year somehow :D

And of course fuzzybobble, love the new DILLIGAF video.

VD, :eek: fine words, as with many more of you too.

Too all you unknown friends, hi, good to be back........

Good to have you back EEB. And you're living in a nice part of the world!

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Glad you finally caught up EEB.

Just been on Youtube and was gobsmacked my frederickson International prank call is rapdly on it's way to 1000 views. :eek:

From now on all my videos will have the CAG website address posted at the end of them. Even if a small handful of people with debt problems view my videos, then at least they can discover the CAG and get the much needed help that a lot sadly miss out on, and fall victim to the DCA scumbags.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

EEB can u please tell me where i bambuzzeled you as i have had a bad week.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Remember my little mp3 file featuring Emma from Capquest and her 10 min lesson on OFT guidelines I gave her? After that Capquest went very quiet. :D

Guess who got a new DCA letter this morning? yep you guessed it.

Can you guess who is chasing me now?

Yep, Moorcroft for a 5th time. YAY!!!! :D

Not my fault they still haven't realised this simple fact....

Moorcroft + Fuzzybobble = £0-00

I'll let them waste some more paper, red ink, and stamps before taking great delight informing them that the mobile bill is now paid in full, and a photocopy of the paid bill to prove it.

Before anyone asks......

Yes the Moorcroft letter was a "Valid, even if not read by you." letter. :p

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Remember my little mp3 file featuring Emma from Capquest and her 10 min lesson on OFT guidelines I gave her? After that Capquest went very quiet. :D

I'll let them waste some more paper, red ink, and stamps before taking great delight informing them that the mobile bill is now paid in full, and a photocopy of the paid bill to prove it.

Before anyone asks......

Words cannot describe this complete shower!!

Actually, they can, but they can't be posted here!;)

Before anyone asks......

Was it from their idiotic Pre-Court Division:-x

Was it from their idiotic Pre-Court Division:-x

But of course. Also the daft castle logo that got torched by a fire breathing gingerbread man not so long ago. ;)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

What a Toad of Lossers. You really should let this one run and run just to see how ridiculous their threats get and then ring them up and tell them what idiotic cretins they actually are.

I'm looking for a christmas card before I call tomorrow morning. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I'm looking for a christmas card before I call tomorrow morning. :D

Send them an Easter card. That will put the company brain cell into overload.

Fred

What a Toad of Lossers. You really should let this one run and run just to see how ridiculous their threats get and then ring them up and tell them what idiotic cretins they actually are.

When they threaten the field agents..thats when you know how rediculous its got :rolleyes:

They called me about 10 mins ago. :D

Moorcroft Muppet: Hello this is Brian I need to discuss an important financial matter with you.

Me: Are you the Phonejacker asking me for my bank account details so you can send me the monies?

Moorcroft muppet: er......No I need.....

Me: Then you must be Brian the snail from the magic roundabout?

Moorcroft muppet: Er....No. This is serious sir. Can you confirm for me...Are you Mr F Bobble?

Me: Yes I certainly am.

Moorcroft muppet: I need the first line of your address.

Moorcroft muppet: Can you confirm your postcode and date of birth?

Moorcroft muppet: Ok...This account needs paying in full today sir. What payment proposal do you wish to make?

Me: Do you accept payment by card?

Moorcroft muppet: Yes we do sir, what is your card number and expiry date?

Me:

Moorcroft muppet: And the expiry date?

Me: Erm...Not quite sure of that....

Moorcroft muppet: What do you mean?

Me: I'm not dead and haven't expired yet.

Moorcroft muppet: What type of card are you using sir. The card number you gave isn't showing up as a particular type on our system.

Me: It's a kidney donor card, it has no expiry date unless I die.

Moorcroft muppet: Erm....Are you playing games with me?

Me: Yes I am. Do you have a problem with that?

Moorcroft muppet: If you mess around and don't pay your debts, you could be in serious trouble.

Me: "Am I bovvered?....Do I look bovvered"

Moorcroft muppet: Pardon?

Me: Look up fuzzybobble on Youtube and the consumer action group. That's why I'm not bovvered or scared of people like you anymore. Get a real job. Oh, and while you're at it look up DILLIGAF and fuzzybobble in the same search. You W**K*R!!!!

The only thing that really pees me off, is the fact that my recorder needs new batteries and I'm going into town to get some tomorrow. That call would have been a classic and I missed it. :-(

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Me: Look up fuzzybobble on Youtube and the consumer action group. That's why I'm not bovvered or scared of people like you anymore. Get a real job. Oh, and while you're at it look up DILLIGAF and fuzzybobble in the same search. You W**K*R!!!!

Awwww you hung up at the wrong moment there FB...i would have loved his response to that part :D

They called me about 10 mins ago. :D

Moorcroft Muppet: Hello this is Brian I need to discuss an important financial matter with you.

Me: Are you the Phonejacker asking me for my bank account details so you can send me the monies?

Moorcroft muppet: er......No I need.....

Me: Then you must be Brian the snail from the magic roundabout?

Moorcroft muppet: Er....No. This is serious sir. Can you confirm for me...Are you Mr F Bobble?

Me: Yes I certainly am.

Moorcroft muppet: I need the first line of your address.

Moorcroft muppet: Can you confirm your postcode and date of birth?

Moorcroft muppet: Ok...This account needs paying in full today sir. What payment proposal do you wish to make?

Me: Do you accept payment by card?

Moorcroft muppet: Yes we do sir, what is your card number and expiry date?

Me:

Moorcroft muppet: And the expiry date?

Me: Erm...Not quite sure of that....

Moorcroft muppet: What do you mean?

Me: I'm not dead and haven't expired yet.

Moorcroft muppet: What type of card are you using sir. The card number you gave isn't showing up as a particular type on our system.

Me: It's a kidney donor card, it has no expiry date unless I die.

Moorcroft muppet: Erm....Are you playing games with me?

Me: Yes I am. Do you have a problem with that?

Moorcroft muppet: If you mess around and don't pay your debts, you could be in serious trouble.

Me: "Am I bovvered?....Do I look bovvered"

Moorcroft muppet: Pardon?

The only thing that really pees me off, is the fact that my recorder needs new batteries and I'm going into town to get some tomorrow. That call would have been a classic and I missed it. :-(

Nice one!!!:)

Note to self: Keep some spare batteries to hand!:rolleyes:

He didn't respond. That's why I hung up. I totally used up 100% of his braincell cycles and he crashed and burned. :D

I could make a fortune training DCA staff. But I prefer to get an average wage and be a decent person instead.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks