DCA sending letters for me to my sisters house

desperati
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help? a DCA called AIC have sent a threatning letter adressed to me at my sisters house. I do not and have never lived at my sisters house, and for the last 18 months have been living abroad. anyone know how they got her address? surely this isnt Legal. how do i stop them sending further letters or taking further action on her address!

thanks was going to do that but having more seen than a few very bad reports about this DCA they dont take any notice of polite correspondence, so was wondering if there is any stronger worded legal action she could take, maybe data protection act or harrasment?

Well if she opened your letter and they know that then, they may carry on and pursue thinking that 'Ah she has responded so we will pursue her at that address', they cannot avoid letters being returned to them....

just keep returning everysingle one , never talk to them either by phone or if they ever turn up to your sisters house , NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS , WHOOOOOO, DONT KNOW THIS PERSON , RETURN TO SENDER . Any of these written on the envelope will do , never ever get into a conversation as 99.9 % of DCAs are bullies / cowards who thrive on stuff like this , DCA's are vermin the more we stand up to them the better for us all .

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

how do i stop them sending further letters or taking further action on her address!

You can't stop them sending further letters, but just return to sender.

Was this address one you lived at previously?

Even if they were to get a court judgement, there is no legal sanction whatsoever against someone elses property, and so you needn't worry about them taking any action on her address.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks for help, no i have never lived at my sisters address and it was never mentioned when i took out the credit.

Dont know wether i Should tell her not to reply to the first letter as she has opened it and just return any others they send as NOT KNOWN, PLEASE REMOVE THIS ADDRESS FROM YOUR DATABASE?

Or let them know where I am ( have not been living in Uk for 18months)

and CCA them ??:???:

Hi there

I would follow what you have already been advised.

i can't add anything im afraid, it is an offence to open other persons mail so quite simply she should put NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS- RETURN TO SENDER on the envelope

thats the best way forward at this stage

regards

paul

I wonder how they got her address:confused:. Only thing that slightly concerns me, although it may not matter to you if you are living abroad, is that a 'gone away' notification on your credit file (can't remember the proper name for it) is very bad for future credit ratings.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

thanks for the advice. thats what i was concerned about how they got her address? not worried about bad credit as I will not be returning to uk and to be honest I never want anything to do with uk banks or cc companys again they are all just userers purveyors of misery and cripling debts.

Looks like the bullying b******* have won, my niece just phoned to say my sister nearly having a breakdown about these crap "we'll send in the baillifs and take your house" letter, and she gonna tell them were I live. They don't believe a word a I say about them not being able to do that.

So looks like I gonna have to deal with them from here (other EU country)

So a question, can I deal directly with the lender (Clydesdale) if I do will they call off Allied inernational bullies. As I don't want AIC to get a frigin penny.

Also am I still covered by the consumer credit act 1974?

Thanks

Looks like the bullying b******* have won, my niece just phoned to say my sister nearly having a breakdown about these crap "we'll send in the baillifs and take your house" letter, and she gonna tell them were I live. They don't believe a word a I say about them not being able to do that.

Your sister needs to make an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT against this Pond Life. They cannot get Baliffs to call round. Only a Court can instruct Balliffs and even then only if you have judgement awarded against you and fail to make payments. AIC are LIARS. They can do NOTHING on your sister and nothing to HER property.

So looks like I gonna have to deal with them from here.

So a question, can I deal directly with the lender (Clydesdale) if I do will they call off Allied inernational bullies. As I don't want AIC to get a frigin penny.

Also am I still covered by the consumer credit act 1974?

Thanks

What is the alleged debt for and when was the last payment.

Was 2500 interest free if paid in year but interest now makes it just under 4000 it was a buy now pay later deal. (12 months later) was to be paid by direct debit. in the interim i moved and forgot about this debt, they never got a payment as after moving abroad there were insufiecent fund in my bank to cover 1st payment so there has never been any payment.

Can you afford to pay this now?? If so I would offer AIC a lump sum in Full and Final settllement. If they bought this debt they sure as hell didnt pay anything like 2500 quid. As you are living abroad they may accept a reduced offer an cut their losses

Either way you need to send a CCA letter to AIC to find out if they have a copy of the agreement and the right to collect it.

You need to get these assholes off your sisters case so you will have to give them a contact address for you so as they stop hassling her.

She really needs to complain about their unlawful harassment of her

Ok they got sent letter from sis saying i dont/have never lived there, and saying she thinks im in scorchio land at such nd such address. Having spent the last week or so reading the threads on here I must admit I cant wait for there first missive to drop through my door. Have decided to make it my mission to wind one of these b*****ds up to breaking point. gonna cca em. Then I gonna get one name and number and ring and harrass that person every opportunity I get. Even when they have given up and scurried off back to the cess pool they crawled out of I still gonna HOUND him/her.

• 2 months later...

Ok Update time, sent letter to aic giving my address in scorchio-land never heard again from AIC but, today my sis got a letter from capquest reguarding this debt. Am not sure what to do as am already dealing with capquest re another debt. Should I cca them or just give my address here, or both? Thanks in advance for any help/comments

Kevs right.. go to his thread living in france

My DCA are not sending letters to my elderly parents address. Mum opened one by mistake and now they are stressing.

ITS ILLEGAL for them to write to anyone elses address. My DCA's are claiming that they have evidence that i live there as its on the public database.. err how??? I dont think so!! I NEVER lived there. I did however use the address as a mailing address for a different bank!

I now use this letter when I return their mail as they ignore 'NOT KNOWN' and 'RETURN TO SENDER'!

To whom it may concern

You have been writing to me regarding a Miss G Taylor. For the avoidance of any ambiguity PLEASE NOTE that the person who you refer to does not reside at this address.

I am unable to advise you of her present whereabouts.

Any further correspondence addressed to her to this address from you or any related company will result in an official complaint to TS, the OFT and my MP.

Please consider this as my final statement on this matter.

Any further correspondence will result in a complaint in accordance with the Administration of Justice Act

Yours Sincerely

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Further update, sent letter to crapquest stating i don't live there and giving my address in scorchio land. they have now sent a letter addressed "to the occupier"from HL legal to my sister HOW DO I STOP THESE A HOLES letter reads;- Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx, In the Matter of: CapQuest Investments Ltd -v- xxxxxxxxxxx Re: Barclays Partner Finance FMLY Clydesdale Balance: £3943.44 CapQuest Debt recovery has appointed this firm to act in the above matter, following your failure to respnod to their letter of 12th May 2008. TAKE NOTICE THAT unless the account is paid in full or a satisfactory proposal for settlement is recieved by 9th June 2008 Court proceedings may be issued against you without further notice. In the event that court proceedings are necessary the following costs will be added to the debt. Balance of account: £3943.44 Court Costs: £85.00 Solicitors Costs: £80.00 Interest, where applicable will also be added, accruing on a daily basis. Your payment must be sent, without delay, direct to our client at P.O Box 396 Fleet Hampshire GU51 2WZ. All cheques and postal orders should be made payable to CapQuest Debt Recovery Ltd Alternatively you can pay by direct debit by calling our clients cardline on 08700843530 YOU MUST contact our clients debt admin team: CapQuest on 08700843535 Quoting Case number: xxxxxxxxx Court proceedingss may involve you paying costs and willmake it difficult for you to get credit if judgement is obtained against you. Yours Faithfully H Legal

Edited by desperati

They are idiots. To address a letter to THE OCCUPIER is a clear breach of OFT Guidelines and they must be reported. To give full details of your alleged debt to someone other than yourself is a clear breach of DATA PROTECTION ACT.

Get your sister to make a formal complaint to CRAPQUEST as well as TS, the OFT and her MP

My sis not even talking to me now, she beleives all the crap there spouting Cant convince her otherwise She just keeps saying cant take anymore deal with it! . is there a template letter I can send, also can I contact OFT and TS from here? have they a web site I can use or do I need to write?