what is the situation currently?

Foo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had a search round the forum but with so much information and so many sections id be here all week looking for an answer possibly.

I claimed my charges back last year but got put on a stay, didnt want to chase the stay to get it lifted as id thought id be patient, which i am being so far. also all monies taken were whilst i was on benefits but wasnt aware that the banks/courts should of known about this when i originally put my claim in.

i may be wrong but im expecting the banks to lose, so in turn will be expecting my monies regardless. if this is so, then probably no need for me to do anything other than wait to hear from them again as ive not heard anything from anyone since last year now.

is there anything i should be chasing? or am i ok where i am being patient?

thanks in advance.

p.s. it isnt a huge amount but is a when there charges amount to 80% of my weekly income.

Hi Foo

I'm sure someone more in the know will be along shortly to help you.

As far as I understand it the banks cannot take charges from benefits.

It maybe that they did not know you where on benefits. Someone will be along soon to give you advise on where to go to from here :)

There is a process called the "Right of Appropriation" if you use search at the top of the forum im sure you will find an informative explaination regarding benefits :)

As far as the case is concerned i think one persons guess is as good as another, be nice to see it go in the publics favour tho ;)

honey x

read about 'ROA' a while ago, after id sent the claim in which was around this time last year!

all the paperwork went through before i got the knowledge about the ROA.

all said and done the case got stayed and am happy to await the outcome but am guessing as always i gotta chase this up.

So, theres is a huge court case yes? involving the banks? and no-one here knows whats going on with the case or the claims?

The OFT case has finished and we are all now waiting on the judges ruling this could take several weeks ...... cant be more precise as the judge wasnt very precise :)

There is a sub forum just for the case here ... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/oft-test-case-updates/ :)

saint

The OFT case has finished and we are all now waiting on the judges ruling this could take several weeks ...... cant be more precise as the judge wasnt very precise

That's right he wasn't very precise. Most estimates are for May, so I'm not sure what your 'several weeks' is based on. I'd say that was wildly optimistic. My guess would be 6 months

The OFT case has finished and we are all now waiting on the judges ruling this could take several weeks ...... cant be more precise as the judge wasnt very precise :)

There is a sub forum just for the case here ... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/oft-test-case-updates/ :)

saint

thanks, thats the info i was after.

nice n simple, cheers.

ill sit tight now for a few weeks :)

Looks like he's busy anyway and is currently presiding over other cases

COURT 76

Before MR JUSTICE ANDREW SMITH

Friday 22 February 2008

At 10:00

2008-134 Calais Shipholding Co v Bronwen Trading Ltd & Anr

At 14:00

2007-1439 David Harris & 50 Others v The Society Of Lloyds