ruthbridge rudeness and intimidation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello every1 im new here and would like to say hi before i moan as im new to this iv had a seriously disturbing letter (at my dads address he phoned me not very happily this morning as they left a awnserphone message saying they would be cold calling at the address within the next 2 weeks)from ruthbridge saying if i didn't contact them theyve hereby given notice that bankruptcy procedings are due to commence !

ive telephoned them and obviously they were extremely rude (im quite emotional due giving birth 4 months ago and having post natal depression so he said to ring back later as he was contacting the people i owe the money to apparently it was a credit card from years ago and the last payment id made was oct 2002 ive moved about 4 times since then but anyway im clueless what to do i was gonna say about the letter only contact and request the credit agreement thing for a pound but my dad is going mental as its his address anyway i ang back and spoke to mr tibbs a complete git wanting all my information including phone no. i said i was on a mates phone and he said to give methat no.after me saying no he got quite attitudey with me any help much appreciated dont no where to start and im supposed to ring them back today !they said i owe £1183.40 but if i pay by the 8th feb i only have to pay £887.55 ?

please help

Hi there, worry not.

If the debt was last acknowledged in 2002 it'll be statute barred soon anyway. This means 6 years from the last contact/payment.

That's covered in the Statute of Limitations 1980. The debts cannot become unbarred.

Does this 'debt' appear as a default on your credit file? I'd have a look at them just in case.

Have you ever seen a court document that these people have got a warrant of enforcement?

I'll assume that's NO, otherwise you would've mentioned it.

If not it's OK, we can handle it -

Step 1 Don't contact these people by phone ever again.

You simply send a letter to them telling them that you may only be contacted in writing at the address given. No other addresses they have are relevant to you.

As they've not to call you, don't give your number.

There is a STOPCALLS template letter in the library here for that - it's effective.

2nd Step Make sure the collection of the debt is lawful.

You have to establish whether Mr Tibbs and co. are entitled to enforce collection the alleged debt, so you should send in a CCA request to them ASAP. Include your £1 Postal Order, Send Special delivery (you may need the proof of delivery).

Don't Sign it and make sure it has

I DO NOT ACKNKOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOU OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.

Step 3 Wait a bit

Now we wait 2 days for postage.

Setp 4 Wait a bit more (hey, that ryhmes).

After that we wait 12 days for them to produce such a document(if they have it at all) if not this trouble disappears.

Keep you chin up and keep us posted.

If I have helped, please click my scales

• Haha 1

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.