Lowell finacial/Lowell Portfolio 1

linz74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I have said before WAIT and see what they actually come up with. If Mr Bartle was so sure that he could produce a Valid CCA along with all the prescribed terms he would not be offering a discount to you. The letter is designed to get you to pay up without seeing the CCA. If they produce a Valid CCA along with all the prescribed terms and you decide to pay them then there would be no need for a court case. He is using this as a threat to get you to pay now.

Just wait to see what if anything these idiots come up with and pay no attention to empty threats

• Haha 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The letter is a collections tactic to entise you to make a payment, part of the negotitation strategy employed by lowell. I would not pay a penny until they provide the CCA and then I would demand confirmation of all the information they hold of you. Alot of the information is mistraced or could be fraudulent. See Equifax website for more information about issues of fraud and how to remidy it.

Have recieved another letter from Lowell's this morning.

Dear Mxxxxxxx

Following your recent request to be provided with a copy of the original credit agreement in respect of consumer credit act. I can confirm our client has yet to furnish us with the agreement.

I can confirm however capitol one are still in the process of retrieving the required paper work and once this has been forwarded onto us a copy will be posted to you.

There will be no further correspondence from us until the agreement has been recieved at which point we will require payment in full.

you still have the option to pay xxxxxx as full and final settlement in order to bring this matter to a close. after which we reserve the right to proceed to collect the full balance.

If you want to take the offer and bring the matter to a close phone number below

The last letter I recieved from them gave me 72 hours to accept the offer.

well still no cca and the clock is ticking it is now 24 days since they recieved my request for cca. do I just carry on sitting tight

many thanks for any advice

Pity Andrew Bartle didnt have proof of the alleged debt before he started chasing it. Even if they do manage to come up with some paperwork from CAPONE its very likely that this will just be an application form which does not contain the prescribed terms and is therefore U N E F O R C A B L E

Thanks ODC I am beginning to think they are just trying it on and hoping I will give in to there scare tactics, must admit I was scared at first till I found this great forum, now I am not a bit afraid and look forward to the post each day

• 3 weeks later...

Following your recent request to be provided with a copy of original credit agreement in respect of the consumer credit act i can confirm our client capital i has requested that your credit agreement be retrieved from archive.

Once your agreement is retrieved you will be required to repay the outstanding balance in full. If deemed necessary, we may initiate legal proceedings which could eventually see your outstanding balance increase due to court costs and interest.

In an attempt to resolve this matter in an amicable way I would like to offer you a settlement to bring this matter to a close.

As long as payment is with us by 23.2/08 I am willing to accept £487.60 as full and final settlement on your account. if payment is not recieved within the time we reserve the right to proceed to collect the full blaance.

I you want to take the offer and bring the matter to a close then please call the number below

All of that is just another official way of saying..."please pay us now & even if you dont, nothing will ever happen" :rolleyes:

Subbing with interest, as a new inductee into the Lowell Fan Club!

They are the third DCA to be instructed by HBOS to recover a disputed balance, and they ain't likely to have any more success than the first two. I did notice that they claimed to be acting on behalf of "Lowell Portfolio 1" but, since the debt is disputed and I haven't had a Notice of Assignment, I put it down to an attempted [problem].

Lowell Portfolio/Lowell Farcical/Red Debt/Hamptons are all trading names of the Lowell group. I suspect the use of so many names is more an attempt at tax avoidance and scarin g people into thinking they are more bigger than they really are. What it boils down to is the same garbage being generated by the same idiots using different notepaper.

I sent them my standard "this is in dispute" letter then got the "we're sending the boys round" one from them. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt in that the correspondence may well have crossed, so the ball's still in their court.

"we're sending the boys round" one from them. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt in that the correspondence may well have crossed, so the ball's still in their court.
That would be their imaginary, invisble hilariously named 'Licensed Field Agents'. They are a rare phenomena as NOBODY has ever seen them yet. They are I suspect a figment of Mr Bartles vivid imagination:rolleyes:

Oh YES! He sure as hell does!

Google him!

Try THIS for tasters....

A life in the day of ... | Credit Management | Find Articles at BNET.com

:mad:

I really deserve a click on the scales for this? Please?

:D

• Haha 3

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

UPDATE

Recieved this letter from Lowells this morning.

Dear xxxx

We refer to your recent request for a copy of original credit agreement (Capitol 1 ) of the consumer credit act 1974

After liasing with our client in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available. Under the circumstances we have closed our files in relation to this account which has now been returned to our client. we can confirm that no further contact will be made by us regarding this account

Yours sincelerle

Andrew Bartle

Does this mean I will not be hearing from anyone again or will capitol1 try and sell this onto someone else even though it is 8 years old

many thanks for advice

Oh YES! He sure as hell does!

Google him!

Try THIS for tasters....

A life in the day of ... | Credit Management | Find Articles at BNET.com

:mad:

I really deserve a click on the scales for this? Please?

:D

......And they are now officially one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. InsideARM: PR - Debt Purchaser Lowell Group Named VC-Backed Business of the Year How sad is that??

What next, awards for bogie eating ?? Grave robbing ??

Surely any civilised society would be ashamed of such an accolade.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

......And they are now officially one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. InsideARM: PR - Debt Purchaser Lowell Group Named VC-Backed Business of the Year How sad is that??

What next, awards for bogie eating ?? Grave robbing ??

Surely any civilised society would be ashamed of such an accolade.

I think I'm in danger of throwing up my lunch having read that!

Kate Silvertongue of the BBC has gone down in my estimations!

:(

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

Looks like Andrew has failed again. Most old Capone agreements are unenforcable. Lowells will probably try to palm this off to their Kilmarnock pals in order to make a few quid. If MH get in touch you can refer them to Lowells who are in default of your CCA request.

UPDATE

Recieved this letter from Lowells this morning.

Dear xxxx

We refer to your recent request for a copy of original credit agreement (Capitol 1 ) of the consumer credit act 1974

After liasing with our client in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available. Under the circumstances we have closed our files in relation to this account which has now been returned to our client. we can confirm that no further contact will be made by us regarding this account

Yours sincelerle

Andrew Bartle

Does this mean I will not be hearing from anyone again or will capitol1 try and sell this onto someone else even though it is 8 years old

many thanks for advice

Dont hold yer breath.:mad: I recieved the same letter,and a week later I recieved a letter telling me I was to pay and also a copy of my agreement(not) It was an application form.:grin: see post here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/122926-help-3.html

Looks like Andrew has failed again. Most old Capone agreements are unenforcable. Lowells will probably try to palm this off to their Kilmarnock pals in order to make a few quid. If MH get in touch you can refer them to Lowells who are in default of your CCA request.

I dont understand the Kilmarnock bit??? Or MH???

Lowells seem to pass all their unenforcable debts to their good buddies Mackenzie Hall of Kilmarnock.

Cheers.:grin: Who are these people, and what can they do once they get passed this debt?

Still they wont have to use much petrol the price it is now. I'm on the east coast of Scotland. So a nice wee day out for them, if they call at my door.:grin: