Orange charging 1.50 for itemised phone bills

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I correct you on your outcome scenarios....?

If you DO pay them now - all that will show on your report is a delayed payment (so called 'grey' info) notihng more. This has no real relevance and is not a 'default'. Your subsequent payments will show as being in good order and be overwritten in 12-14 months anyway.

If you do NOT pay them, the debt showing as a late payment changes to a termination default. You are NOT taken to court, there is no opportunity to put 'your side', and the marker will act similar to a CCJ and impossible to remove because it only reports on the 'fact' your account was terminated, not the reasons behind it.

This will sit on your file for 6 years.

No Catch 22 situation here!

Edited by buzby

They are unwilling to provide me with information of websites that has been browsed or files that has been downloaded.

They are being very difficult to deal with I'd say.

Operators generally wouldn't list this information, they store data for billing purposes - a list of websites or files is not usable for this purpose and most people would construe operators to be breaching their privacy if they did store this sort of data.

As Buzby mentioned they may store IP address data, however, this isn't the same thing as a list of websites, it's just the address of the server that your dongle was communicating with in a numeric format i.e. 192.1.1.1.

If Orange still hold and agree to supply you with that info then you might be able to do do a reverse lookup on the IP address to find out who owns that address, however, there is still a significant possibility this information would be meaningless to you.

Some companies and organisations often contract out the cost of hosting their websites to other organisations rather than pay for the costs associated with hosting their own services, so you may find that all you'd get is the name and address of a third party hosting company probably based in another country which provides you with no clue about the service that they actually host on that server.

• 3 years later...

hello everybody, im here to share my 2 cents with the way orange are ripping us off, with 1.50 itemised billing.

it may seem trivial to some people, but because i get unlimited text messages, i simply bought some pay as you go sims, and blasted out thousands of text messages

to myself, each message being 5 messages long.

believe you me, the ink to print, the number of pages, and the postage it costs to send to me, they are losing that 1.50 hand over fist, my last bill was 61 pages long, and

my next bill will be 200 pages minimum, this is how i hit back at orange.

im also considering requesting my last 3 months bills, they will be printing off a statement thicker than the yellow pages, think postage charges, ink is dam expensive, and

all that paper, then ask them to buy out your contract, they will jump at the chance, and waive that 2 year contract goodbye, because your the 1 costing them money.