Accounts in dispute

mcjohnson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Question:

If I have a complaint lodged with my bank which is being held pending the outcome of the test case, currently before the high court, is my account then considered in dispute until the outcome of the test case is known, and my complaint finally resolved?

Bearing in mind that the consumer currently has no chance to appeal these charges, or information passed to the CRAs until the test case has completed, it seems perfectly reasonable that the banks should be prevented from potentially damaging a credit record with no recourse for appeal for the consumer

This is my view, though my bank don't agree. However, they threatened to take me to court over an overdraft; I suggested that this would be an ideal opportunity for me to counterclaim, and also to draw the court's attention to their stated intention to continue adding charges and interest - i.e. unjust enrichment. They have been strangely silent since...

I am in the same position, my case is stayed but A&L have not only ignored any requests to suspend their action until the dispute is resolved - they have now closed my account. A bigger bunch of *&%@^s I have yet to meet.

Loz

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided