Neighbours car not taxed???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunatly the MOT had run out before the end of march. No doubt it will mean a trip to the tax office now.

Probably down to laziness on my part. :D

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

As several people have already said here, there are usually very good reasons why some people can't tax their car on the very day it becomes due. For instance, my tax ran out at the end of march. The date for my MOT was 5th April. .

You can get the MOT done up to one month before the expiry of the current one and the expiry of the new MOT will be one year after the current certificate. With your MOT being due on the 5th April you could have got it done anytime from the 6th March and the new certificate would expire on the 5th April 2009.

So I'm to understand advisee that you are perfectly happy to do precisely what many DCA's do & that is to break the law by invading the privacy of another citizen without permission

Its a public database!! Noone is using it to assist with debt collection.

You really do need to get out more, and live in the real world. Its idiots like you that make me rarely visit this forum.

• Haha 1

Well its up to the user. I am happy to continue to use that site (and vehiclelicence.gov.uk) for whatever purposes I need.

Its a long time since my law school days, but I believe the penalty for a Data Protection Act breech (and I assume you mean DPA98) is just a fine, so I'm happy.

To qualify my earlier post....

If you want a quick and easy way to get the answer to your question then click the link. If you want to be "holier than thou" then do not.

From your post it appears that not only are you prepared to break the law you don't actually care & will use whatever data base you can to access personal data whether it be lawful or not.

Another example of the same appalling behaviour as used by the DCA's

Oh & your last post which refers to me says it all really - you nasty little piece of work:lol:

Hmm

mixed feelings here -

If it is just parked up, then fine - I agree with the sentiment regards everyone not having a private parking space

If however someone is driving a vehicle that is untaxed on the public highway I would shop them (after say, a weeks grace)

Otherwise it could be you that gets in an acciodent with what is effectively an uninsured driver

(No tax = insurance invalid)

I do think that the road tax levels here are a joke considering what we pay in fuel tax, but that of course is a different matter

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

For me it's a question of proportionality.

I would have no hesitation in "shopping" someone who I believed to be driving drunk, who drove away from the scene of an accident or even if I knew that they were uninsured. But I'm no more going to report an untaxed vehicle than I'm going to phone 999 if I'm doing 70 on the motorway and someone passes me doing much more.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Unless they appear ****ed Bernie:)

Some years ago an insurance company tried to escape liability in a fatal accident by saying that because their policy holder (who had also tragically died) had defective tyres which contributed to the accident his insurance was invalid

The Judge made short shrift of that argument resulting in that few if any insurance companies try to claim that these days & if they do they don't expect to get away with it

Well,

if that statement about 3rd party cover is true then I retract my statement

You learn something new every day

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

One of the neighbours here frequently acquires cars old bangers never taxes and probably never insurers them.

Yes he gets done now and then 29 offences on the last appearance in court

got a few weeks community service as he is a registered drug addict which of course is an excuse for everything

As for the Sorn business it seems to only apply to honest people with legally registered cars