Paypal reversal Help needed please..!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently sent over £6000 worth of goods to this one ebayer. I had telephone comunication with him aswel and he has been paying me with paypal.

Yesterday morning i recieved an email from another seller on ebay saying that he has just been scammed by this same buyer. I checked my paypal account and it said that i had reversals for all of the transaction, so that sum of over £6000 has been taken from my paypal account and all the goods have been sent off to this buyer. His telephone has now gone dead and not replying to his emails. He DID NOT have a confirmed address.

I've tried to get paypal to help me with my situation but they are not doing anything for me.

I am not the only person whos been scammed by this guy theres another 3 or 4.

Does anyone have any ideas how i would go about getting my money?

Paypal said that the money had been reversed because the payment was not authorised. I have all the tracking numbers and they have been signed for aswel.

Any advise on how to go about dealing with this situation would be great.

Thank You

Crumbs! That is not good news at all

I deal on ebay and paypal too so this is close to home

Have you reviewed ebay forummers comments? I found this page and it may give you some insight into what to do next

eBay Forums: Paypal reversals POP, Recorded, WHAT? ...

MrTWS

I believe in Fair Debt - not chance

Not that it helps resolve your situation but I've been scammed too by someone on eBay (although it was only for a few quid) - Paypal, unfortunately

in my experience, sides VERY much with the buyer.

Despite pages of evidence from me, and proof of posting, they just deducted

the money out of my account saying that I didn't deliver the goods to

the buyer because I hadn't sent the item recorded delivery (despite not offering that service to the buyer...) and thus had no proof of delivery.

They just accepted the buyer saying that he hadn't received the goods and

gave him his money back...

Paypal beware.

(Although I might add, also unhelpfully, that you probably should have

waited until the PayPal payments were ''cleared'' into your account before

sending the goods... Like waiting for a cheque to clear.)

Yeh I agree Sparky about the goods and payments thingy, but according to PayPal BUYERS can claw back up to 180 days later, which I think is very wrong, and leaves the seller open to all sorts of wrongful claims.

I suppose with hindsight, which isn't even helpful for you at the moment, I would have sent these goods registered or signed for delivery, and would have IMMEDIATELY withdrawn £6000 from my own PayPal Account just in case

Its well bad and I am not sure how the law stands on this

-sparky-

Paypal/E-bay in my experience did not as you say side very much with the buyer , on the contrary I have lost over £300 because the seller after receiving the money did not issue proof of mailing so I could backtrack, did not respond to more than 20 E-mails or answer any telephone calls, line which is and probably was at the onset bogus. Any transactions should be looked upon as being suspicious if the seller does not provide facilities to backtrack goods at the onset of the sale. Paypal/E-bay does not favour the seller. Believe me I have been shafted. :mad: :mad:

I did try withdrawing my funds but paypal limited my account because they thought i was doing money laundering. I managed to withdrawn around £1000 previous to the reversal but that has just made my account become -£1000

Fraud is not a civil dispute,

have you looked at any other buyers or sellers from this person? contacted them and found out what their experiences are?

I would be back down to the police station, it is fraud and theft, criminal offence!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Goblin: Why did PayPal not respond or help with this case? Was the buyer registered and how many times had they used E-Bay? It would appear like a legal matter so I cannot see the problem

JGJ: As a Seller and a BUYER too, I can see where you coming from. It occurs to me that the system needs closely monitoring for both parties who become affected, which I'm sure you would agree

TOP TIP:

Send everything RECORDED DELIVERY / SIGNED FOR / TRACKED and only deal with people who have been on Ebay longer than a day!

I have spoken to an ebayer who left feedback in dec but the transaction went through fine but the person lived in wales. I have also been speaking to the people who have been scammed but nothing realy productive has come from it yet, were all pretty confused about who to go to as were being sent round in circles by paypal and the police.

The ebay aco**** has been around for a couple of year with 59 100% possitive feedback, but the paypal account was not verified.

My intial thaughts about the police was that they were trying to fob me off but i've tried 4 different times and with different people i keep getting the same answers- "its a civil dispute"

Dont speak to a desk seargent, get on to fraud, and if the person you get is not interested, phone up again and speak to someone else untill you get someone who will take on board and investigate or pass you to the correct department ;) They should also be giving you crime reference number becuase your reporting a crime so if you dont get one you know they aint listening.

Hi Guys,

Is fraud the best charge for this could it not be deception?

I think the best thing to do is get what section it comes under in the PACE (police and criminal evidence act) quote it to the CID department of the police and make a statement. Definetly go to the police and push them, I would even go to the station and speak to someone in CID only. It is their remit.

Mcreedy - yes your right get to the address but you dont know what you will meet their or how many, unless the police take it seriously then I would be hesitant about going outside your area and making trouble - even though you are justified.

Mcreedy - yes your right get to the address but you dont know what you will meet their or how many, unless the police take it seriously then I would be hesitant about going outside your area and making trouble - even though you are justified.

Yes, quite right, I wasnt suggesting going alone!

You could also get in touch with local debt collectors and see if they are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

IdaInFife was adamant that there ought to be a copper who would cooperate - but I couldn't find one. (Sorry, see my thread for her more coherent words!)

However, while they are not faster than a speeding bullet, you can find the ombudsman at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

I was in a similar boat, went to the Financial Ombudsman & although it took time (3 months) it was resolved (OK as a goodwill gesture)

Where Paypal are concerned, the Ombudsman may be the best bet.

Download their .pdf file, post it off & let them work at their pace. It worked for me. It's also got to be safer than pounding mean streets solo?!

Good luck!

:) blinking _idiot

Barclays settled in full 30/04/2007

Lloyds TSB settled in full 12/04/2007

Paypal reversal refunded 03/02/2008

Hi!

Let me be very clear - noone is suggesting the Ombudsman is fast.

However, the initial form is online (and works *so* much better in Word than Wordpad) and one stamp later gets you a reference number you can then use with email or telephone.

All you have to do is dodge the debt collectors while the communciations flow, & I hope you come out OK. ('Debt' coverted to Euro yet?)

I did, but I don't know how rare or everyday I am.

Good luck!

:) blinking _idiot

Barclays settled in full 30/04/2007

Lloyds TSB settled in full 12/04/2007

Paypal reversal refunded 03/02/2008