me vs GE Capital/Money

Coyotesj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else not had any response from GE Capital/Money AT ALL after recent SAR letter?

I am not sure what to do, I sent SAR for 2 store cards with GE Capital, I know they received it on 24th Dec '07 as I have the recorded delivery proof of delivery thingy! My issue is they have not yet cashed my cheque to cover the maximum fee & the 40 days are up on 28th January '08

Any advise on how to proceed would be great, Halifax werent this difficult this early on, LOL!:lol:

You could send them a nudge letter .... then if they dont reply you should send them the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html . If they are as stubborn as Barclays tho they insisst that they are allowed 40 working days not calender days to comply took me a while to gat my satements from Barclays but I did finally end up with 3 sets of them :)

Saint

As an update I got a letter from them on 23rd Jan furthering on from a letter they allegedly sent me on 5th Jan, never received that letter! They say they "... are not in a position to resolve your complaint at this time. This is due to ongoing investigations.... contact you agin withing four weeks..."

I am going ahead with the Data Protection act non-compliance letter with a little bit added, can I have opinions on the content as I am a little nervous with adding my one stuff onto these templates!

29 January 2008

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx &

Account: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Firstly I would like to thank for your response dated 23rd January 2008, however it refers to a letter dated 5th January 2008, I would like it noted that I have not received the letter you are referring too. I would respectfully ask that a copy of this letter please be sent along with the data I have requested in my previous Subject Access Request.

I would also like to draw your attention to the incomplete information contained in your letter dated 23rd January 2008. My original letter requesting information held by yourselves, relating to transactions & charges, was for TWO accounts I previously held with you (Account No’s – xxxxxxxxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxxxxxx).

As such you have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated 11th December 2007

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges.

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have a further 7 days to comply. If you do not comply within this time I shall seek a Court order to enforce compliance together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks & wish me luck ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the letter in my above post on 28th Jan, it was signed for on 31st Jan & I gave them a further 7 days to comply with my SAR.

As of today I have still not received any further letters or contact from GE. I am looking at going down to get an N1 form to fill a non compliance claim with the court.

Just want a bit of advice about what everyone thinks would be a realistic amount of 'damages' to claim. If anyone has already done this & been successful please let me know what the particulars of their claim were.

Also I am debating whether to phone them or not???

Please help any advise would be appreciated, thanks :confused:

I have just recieved a follow up letter from GE Money

All they have sent me is a list of Charges with the amounts & dates in the letter!..... should I just trust them that this is the full list or should I persue for the actual statements?? :confused:

What I would do is start your claim with the info they have sent you - send the preliminary letter. Seperately, send the DPA non-compliance letter from the templates library.

I'm not sure if you have done that already or not. If you have, I would send a sort of LBA and tell them they have 14 days or you will take them to court to get the information.

Have already sent the non compliance letter so will send an edited version of the LBA.

Also both of these cards were sent to a Debt Collection Agency in 2005. I have been paying them off since then, do I have any grounds to phone the company & explain that I am in dispute with GE Money about the amount owed & will stop payments until the issue is resolved?? :confused: