Monument's Cock Up

robc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am on the lookout for some help. Heres my situation. I paid off my Monument Credit Card last feb. All was fine until July when I successfully claimed £763-00 pounds from them although I hadnt recieved the cheque yet. In August last year I started getting letters from them saying Im over my £500-00 credit limit by £263-00. Although the account was closed and paid. After advising them that they had made a monumental cock up, by debiting my cc £763-00 instead of sending me a cheque for the charges, they realised what theyd done and at last I recieved my cheque. Although some bright spark didnt reverse the transaction on the credit card, although I did get a letter saying the account was closed. Yesterday I looked at my credit file and found it still hadnt been reversed and Im owing them £933-00 and 4 months behind in the payments, which is now given me adverse credit. My mistake was throwing out all my correspondances from monument 2 weeks ago ( a new year clearout ), so I dont have anything with my account number on it, Monument say that they were bought out by Barclaycard last year and to phone them, so I did, Barclaycard told me to phone Monument and said as I didnt have anything with a Monument CC number on it, they cant find me in their system. So am I now officially screwed by someones mistake at Monument or can I take them to the cleaners ( and when I get them to the cleaners I'll certainly put them in a very hot wash). Any advise or support from anyone will be muchly appreciated, and I wish everyone on this site the very best of luck in claiming whats theres and not some multi million pound bank. Thanks for reading, Rob

THey should be able to find your account number from your name and address.

Your best bet is probably to start from the beginning and send an SAR under s7 of the Data Protection Act for all the infomation they hold on you (you probably already did this when you made your claim), quoting your name nad address rather than account number. Make sure you ask not just for statements but for copies of all correspondence.

When this information comes, youi should be able to reconstruct events and then write and ask them to put it right using their complaints procedure.