Public Awareness Message from National Debtline ??

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week on 4 occasions and today, I have answered the telephone and listened to an automated message saying.. 'This is a Public Awareness Message from National Debtline'. The gist of the call is that interest charges can be removed. If you are interested to press 5 to continue the call.

I hung up and dialled 1471 - caller number withheld.

I changed my telephone number recently because of my husband's creditors and not given it out to anyone other than immediate family and the only Debt counselling agency contacted by us is CCCS. So how would National Debtline have my number .

Has anyone else received calls like this please ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It could just be random. The telephone rang at work several months ago and I heard a similar message (anyone could have answered it, just happened to be me as none of my creditors have my work no.) Struck me as being funny really as my employer had just taken a huge loan out for the business.

Thank you:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That is what I thought it might be Storm Warrior. National Debtline sounds so plausible though, doesnt it ? :)

BCOBS

sorry I hadnt noticed this thread - I just got such a call at work - we are a small family company. I didnt listen to the whole message tend to put the phone down on automated messages, so didnt get the telephone number.

If some one wants to delete my thread feel free - no point duplicating

This is currently being investigated, I'll report back with more info when I can get it.

Can I ask what number it asks folks to call?

National Debtline is 0808 808 4000.

It doesnt give you a number.. it tells you to key in 5 if you wish to hear more information. The 1471 facility says it is a withheld number.

Sisternumber 1 sorry I dont know how to merge threads else I would do that.

BCOBS

Sounds like it needs a brave person to follow through with the phone call. I would but they aint called me yet.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

• 2 months later...

I believe this is exactly the same message as mentioned on another thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/135454-national-awareness-message.html They are just spamming and I'd guess calling every number on the exchange. I had FIVE of these calls yesterday, all to different numbers, using the presentation ID of 0015179312162.

These calls are from a company offering consolidation loans; I reported them to ICO back in August 07. They responded in Sept 07, informing me that: "We have received a large number of complaints about receipt of these calls, and as such, the matter has been passed to our Regulatory Action Division."

Nothing more heard, and it would appear that they have not taken any sort of meaningful action.

HI ALL;.....I had this weird message as well at about 4 pm today.....but, I didn't listen to it as it was an automated message with no introduction at all.!!!.....I will listen the next time ......WERNER M.

:)