style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My first post just a little bit of advice please. If i have a debt of £3,000

Can the bailiffs take my car which is worth 27,000? I am in the process of borrowing the money. but I just wanted to clarify if they can take it

it is not on hp or contract They have been once and are due back in five days

Thank you very much

Yes they can take it after five days. As long as the Bailiff is certified then it is a valid WPO as far as I can see.

As it is child maintenance not only can they take the car and sell it for a really low amount if and you will still be liable for the outstanding. They can also apply for your driving licence to be disqualified.

SFx

Good advice as always from Saffronflower but there are a couple of things that I would like to add.

If there are unsufficient other assets that the bailiff could levy upon to cover both the outstanding debt and the bailiff costs then he may levy upon an item on much greater value such as this.

However, as this is a Distress Warrant for unpaid CSA arrears the contract between CSA and this company is very specific in both the fees that can be charges and the certification of the bailiffs.

Could you therefore send me by PRIVATE MESSAGE ONLY the name of the bailiff listed on this form so that I can search our register to ensure that he is certificated.

No worries hope you get it sorted

Though from a totally personal prespective, it is a bit rum having £3000 outstanding in Child Maintenance and car that is valued at £29,000, might be time to think about that! Lecture over!!

SFx

Its not 29,000 its 27,000........ Anyway thats beside the point

i thank you very much for your replys

just one last question it seems to me that

the balifs have over charged me

the orignal amount was 3674.90 it is now 3783.88

that's 108.98 they charged me for the first visit

I know that bailiff's have now been instructed but have you previously checked that the amout being claimed is correct.

The following is a Template letter from our website that is used to request details from the Child Support Agency.

Data Protection Officer

Room BP6002

Department of Work & Pensions

Benton Park View

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE98 1YX

Date:

Dear Sirs,

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST ( S7.1)

Re: Child Support Agency Ref:(enter your ref no :-)

The purpose of this letter is to make a Subject Access Request pursuant to Section 7.1 of the Data Protection Act 1998, to be provided with all of the information that I am legally entitled to under the above Act.

Accordingly, could you please provide me with a copy of all of the computer information that you currently hold concerning my particular case, and in addition, could you also provide me with a copy of my clerical file that your department also holds.

If you have any queries regarding this request, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to receiving this information as soon as possible, but in any event, within the strict time limits imposed under the above Act.

Yours Faithfully.

Is this a joke thread?

Pay your CSA, You *********************************************

Kindest regards

Deep, without more information than Mansell has given, it isn't fair to make any kind of judgement.

He may have the ex from hell who earns many times what he does and won't allow him contact with his kids, or he may be a total **** who doesn't care about his kids so long as he's got material possessions, or it could be somewhere in between the two.

We can't know how he paid for his car, he could have won it, finished the HP/loan, got it as a settlement for the split.

We don't know, and because we don't know none of us has the right to be making any definite judgments, and especially on a public self-help website that is set up to share information and experience.

If you think about it you'll see that I'm probably right.

Chris.

Up your's

Mansell that was an unnecessary response, if you don't like something a person has said, you CAN ignore it, or correct their misunderstanding.

This isn't a chatroom, we are all here to help each other.

If you think about it you'll probably see I'm probably right.

Chris.

Post was made by myself on information given on thread.

Kindest regards

Dee

this is a public forum and a great one at that

you only give enough information as you think is required

so there for like chris600uk said it isn't fair to make any kind of judgement

so keep your thoughts to yourself untill you no the facts

kind regards

My first post just a little bit of advice please. If i have a debt of £3,000

Can the bailiffs take my car which is worth 27,000? I am in the process of borrowing the money. but I just wanted to clarify if they can take it

it is not on hp or contract They have been once and are due back in five days

Thank you very much

I've just found this on the forum

Quote: The bailiff has levied EXCESSIVELY. This means that the value of the goods seized from you is more than the amount of the debt.

So have I just answered my own question

Thanks

Bailiffs can levy on goods for a far greater value if there are NO OTHER goods that he can levy on.

This could be where for instance a bailiff has been refused entry into the property where he could levy on items of a lesser value and therefore the ONLY remaining items that he can levy upon is the vehicle on the driveway.

I've just found this on the forum

Quote: The bailiff has levied EXCESSIVELY. This means that the value of the goods seized from you is more than the amount of the debt.

So have I just answered my own question

Thanks

Mansell, reading these posts again I can see that you have been advised twice on this aspect of your post, once by SFx and once by TT, both of whom are knowledgeable in these matter (TT particularly so).

Although it is great to find points of view that appear to be to your advantage it can be very risky if it's bad advice.

Unless you post where they came from no-one can see if it's correct or not, or if it's only correct in a particular set of circumstances.

IMHO itt might be safer to trust SFx's comments, backed up by TT.

Chris.

Hope Ive posted this in the right place!:roll:

Please could someone help me clarify at which point a certified baliff collecting council tax arrears is allowed to charge fees for van hire to a debtors account and how much is classed as as 'reasonable' sum?

I have been informed by an up to date website that a bailiff is not able to charge for the use of a van to remove goods without first having a signed walking possession order for goods to be removed. It seems they can apparently often charge rediculously high 'van' fees without even having to prove that they are there/have called!

The bailiff in question is contesting this having charged a large fee twice for a van without first obtaining such an order, without having gained entry to the property and without any list of goods to be taken. The bailiff is also contesting the accuracy of the information displayed saying it is out of date although it clearly was updated in April 2007.

This is the link for the website I have obtained my information from:

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/go/feature/package_83.html

I also would like to know if there is no fixed sum to be charged for a van and the costs must just be 'reasonable', how do I go about ascertaining what reasonable is? If wish to contest costs which I do not believe are reasonable, how within the system do I go about doing this?

Its all so confusing and the council/government/baliffs just ignore my protests! The council seem to turn a lind eye to what I feel are shady practices.

I have paid in full my arrears directly to the council and it is only my bailiff fees that I owe now so I am willing to contest this any which way out of principal!:-) .