amh189 v Nationwide

amh189
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im new to this site, i signed up as im totally confused with my situation. I had a smart account with nationwide since i was 8 years old when i was 17 (am 18 now) i applied for a flex account online expecting to receive a visa electron card but they sent me a cash card instead. I accidently went into a minus balance twice in march 2007 but it was very small under -£5 and i was charged £30 for each unpaid direct debit so i wrote a letter using a template i got off another site requesting the £60 back but they sent me an automated response saying they would not be refunding the charges so i wrote another letter saying i would be taking court action if i didnt get the charges refunded but they sent the exact same automated response letter so i started a claim via money claim but they responded to it saying they were going to defend so needless to say im a bit worried i dont really want to go to court The claim was issued on 18th december and deemed served on 23rd of december but nationwide responded.

I got a letter yesterday saying before district judge Murdoch sitting at Northampton county court ....the rest of the address

the judge orders that you and the other parties prepare for trial as follows

1. Following the filing of a defence or holding defence the claim shall be stayed pending judgement in the Office of Fair Trading test case.

No idea what this mean then i have a copy of the Defence and Counterclaim form saying they dispute the full amount on the claim form . The defence reads We intend to defenc this claim and will file a full defence within 28 days of the stay of proceedings expiring. The claim is being defenced by a soliciters EVERSHEDS LLP on behalf of nationwide.

Sorry this post is very long so can someone kindly explain what is going on and what im supposed to do now as i have no idea. thank you in advance

Hello amh189!

Basically the Court have 'Stayed' your Claim.

...i.e. Put it on hold until the result of the OFT Test Case is known.

Browse around this website for further info + to kill time.

...The OFT Test Case isn't due to start until 14/01/08...;)

...:)