bullying at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone i am new to this so hope there is some good advice out there. have been signed off work by hospital and gp,with advice to reducing hours.line manager insisting i go back on original hours to then be discussed.have explained i have been advised to see ocupational health before returning to work but she is insisting everything has to go through her. am really stressed about this can anyone advise me the right way to deal with this problem.

Hi,

She sounds very....cant think of a polite word so i'll refrain! There is an organisation called the human rights commission or disability rights commission , you'll possibly have to google it, but they have been great with their advice to a friend in the past who was in similar circumstances as yourself. There is also ACAS who can help you, thats on the basis that you are off ill from work. Please don't let it stress you to the point where you are harming yourself through constant worry, that won't help, and you wouldn't want to add to your health issues. Let me know if you get stuck.

Good Luck

• Haha 1

thank you so much for you reply and very good advice. i will get intouch with the human rights people. you are so right about worrying but sometimes it cant be helped,but thank you i will keep you posted n how i get on.

You're very welcome, i know how it feels to be bullied and by the way, she shouldn't be contacting you if you have submitted a sicknote, that is harrassment and victimisation, so she's skating on very thin ice....hope it cracks from under her!

Good luck!:lol:

I hope so to it would be a pleasure to see, thats what she is a bully but they always fall hard. I need to put everything in writing from now on as she will probably deny all telephone conversations.

Keep a diary, once you've spoken to the contacts i mentioned earlier, compose a letter asking for her to put any further communication in writing, if she has any sense then she'll back off at that point as she'll realise that you sought professional advice.

Chin up and look after your health, that is more important than anything.

Hi jaz1,

took your advice and spoke to an employment lawyer, she says i have been discriminated against and that i should write to her. I have had cancer 3 times, thats not what i am off with but she knows my history and that she is also guilty of harrassment. Thank you once again for your advice and support, i have written everything down and will keep a note of everything from now on.:)

Well done! I'm so sorry you've gone through and she has the audacity to treat you in this way! I'm glad you can now begin to sort this out in a legal constructive way, and that will result in you concentrating on getting better. Keep in touch and take it easy!:)

• Haha 1

Hello there! Your manager/employer cannot overwrite a doctor. Mine tried this one on too. If you have a letter or a sick certificate from your GP or any medical professional, it does not have to "go through her" first. You don't even need to hand it to her, you can post it to your workplace if you wish to avoid confrontation. If you do post it, however, I would advise sending it recorded delivery and retaining the reciept.

Thanks for your advice, a formal letter has been drafted and sent recorded delivery. Its lucky i have good people around me who know their stuff, its the people who dont that i feel sorry for!! Thanks again will keep you posted.:)