style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My ex recently started to rent from a private landlord, He filled out a statement of rent for the council so that HB and council tax could be calculated he also supplied the council a Tenancy Agreement which wasnt signed by him or my ex. Whilst waiting for the HB and council tax to be calculated and paid to him he has been asking for his rent as its due, Ex paid a month in advance which took her upto 23/12 now he is chasing for the next rent, What powers does he have if he hasnt got my ex to sign the tenancy agreement along with himself? Can he force her owt or hassle her for rent without this agreement? He knows the council are backdating this to the date she moved in, So he has had the month in advance, he will also get that from the council as backpayment along with his current months rent! Can she refuse to pay the rent untill the agrrement is signed?

regards

yellow

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

She cant refuse to pay rent until the agreement is signed, there is a verbal agreement in place. However, she cant be evicted until there are 2 months arrears.

Neither of these statements are strictly true, but in realistic terms they are the case.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!