depression

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has depression caused by a job he hates, this is making him physically ill, he is on antidepressents but does'nt seem to be helping much as as soon as he goes back to work the depression kicks in again. Would he be able to give up his job due to this ? and if so what would he be entitled to as he's worried about paying the mortgage.

ann

Hi Ann, sorry to hear about your partner's depression and that it is job related - it must be very distressing for you both and especially difficult for you to know how to support him.

Just a few questions to help me advise you better.

how long has your partner suffered from depression?

how long has he worked for his employer?

is his employer aware of the cause of the depression?

do you have any sickness insurance to cover your mortgage if he is off sick?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hello Ell-enn,

He has suffered from depression for about 5 years now,he's worked for his employer for 15 years,he has been off sick for a few months in the past so his employers know about it, we have life insurance but not sickness cover, hope this answers your questions.

thanx for replying

ann

Hi there, the reason I asked the questions was to try to establish if your partner's depression might be classed as a disability which his employer would have to acknowledge. If his employers are aware of his condition and the cause, have any changes to his job, or alternative jobs been discussed?

You might find the following contact information useful - they should be able to advise your partner regarding his depression in the workplace.

MIND

Tel: 0845 766 0163

[email protected]

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.