british gas changed my supplier without permission!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping someone can give me help and advice on my situation.

I've lived in my flat for nearly a year and was initially supplied by swalec for my electricity. I havent recieved a bill for about 5 months, which i thought was bit odd and then yesterday i had a collector from british gas knock my door and say they were going to cut off my supply unless i paid them £144 which was overdue. I dont even have my electric supplied by BG, or so i thought!

It turns out that the flat below me changed their electric supply to BG, but the person who organised the switchover took down the wrong meter number for the swap. Hence, i have had my supply switched over to BG without my permission! The account is in the downstairs flat's name but it is linked to my meter. That is why i have not recieved any bills as they have all been in a different name.

Where do i stand with regards to this? I dont want to pay BG any of the debt as i did not agree to them supplying me in the first place, and i do not want to pay their rates(thats the main reason why i was with a different supplier in the first place)

What actions do you reccomend i take from now forward?

I think u need to talk to energywatch about this as there must be something u can do about it.

I would first thing monday norning contact them about it. I dont know the website adress but if u google it you will find it.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.