help

acdc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

i am writing this with the hope that there is some body out there that will be able to help me with some advise.

few years ago i obtained a cradit card and yes like many people before me i used it to the limit as i went thro some finacial problems (divorce)

2 years ago i solved all my finacial problems, i aproched the credit card company to try and make some arrangmants to pay back what i owe them

but never heard any thing back, i just got a phone call from a debt company

called HFO and they told me in no two way about it that they want all the money back £4200 which i said that i just dont have it so they told me that i will have to pay £ 820 pound a month which again there is no way i could raise as my mortgage is very high £919 a month,

any way then they said that if i dont pay that they will put it as secured

on my house and reposes my house, i triyed to come to a more resnable

amount with them but they didnt want to know.

now i am panicing. and would like some body to tell me

can they do it?

and how can i solve the problem without geting my self in to any more debt?

all help will be apriciated/

ACDC

PS: SORRY IF THERE ARE SPELLING MISTAKES

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some important deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has committed a summary criminal offence and the matter should be referred to Trading Standards for action once the DCA continues to demand payment.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi acdc,

Welcome to CAG. Your among some great people on here, CurlyBens one of the best on here and he is helping me with a couple of problems, so your by no means alone. So, do exactly as he says and no more.

Could you tell use how old the Credit Card is and possibly what Bank or Loan Company it was for? This will give people on here a little more to go on.

Welcome once again and good luck.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi again acdc

Just remember - as we told you in your last post - this is a DEbt Collection Agency, not a bailiff - they have no claims on your house and no powers to take it from you at this stage.

As NP says, Curlyben is a star - and if you do what he says you'll be fine.

HC

:)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

hi hc

i realy appriciate all the help i am getting as i been realy panicing

could not even have any food and i think i will be able to sleep tonight

sort of

thank you again

i agree CURLYBEN is a star

acdc:D

Hey acdc

Every time you panic, just post here instead. We've all been through it, one way or another, and we're all here to help and support you.

This is the beginning of you taking charge. It's all up from here.

:D

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

I WILL HAVE TO TRY THAT I COULD REALY DO WITH SOME FUN AT THE MOMENT AND IF I CAN WIN MY CASE AGAINST A DEBT COMPANY

WHICH I NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH BEFORE I WILL HAVE A BIG PARTY WITH THE MONEY I SAVE :cool:

Hey acdc - I like that thought.

Just remember - donate to CAG - and spend the rest on booze.

Then it's all round to yours.

Baggsie the best spare bed.

You will win - with the help of folk like Curlyben that is a given. Just get that letter in the post asap then sit back and wait. Basically, this gives you time - so you can get Xmas out of the way - and make sure they have the right to chase you for the debt. Do it tomorrow, then sit back, relax, and enjoy the next 12 days.

Let us know how you're getting on - and when the party is.

You're a bad influence, btw - I'm now listening to ACDC. And, at this time of night, it should be hot milk and biscuits.

;)

WELL THE PRINTER IS HARD AT WORK AT THE MOMENT

ALL I NEED TO DO TOMORROW MORNING(HAVE A DAY OFF WORK)

IS TO PUT MY DETALES AND SEND, AND AS YOU SAY SIT BACK AND WAIT ( WELL SORT OF SIT BACK AND WAIT COZ I ONLY HAVE ONE DAY OFF WORK BUT ITS OK IT WILL KEEP MY MIND ACCUPIED

I HOPE I AM NOT KEEPING YOU UP TOO LATE :)

HOT MILK? TRY A GLASS OF APRICOT BRANDY MMMMMMMMMMM

LOL acdc - you're not keeping me up - I'm always here at this time of night. Red wine and a laptop - what more does a girl need? (Don't answer that.)

The point is, once you send this, you can sit back and ignore them for 12 days (plus 2 for delivery) as this puts the account in dispute. So you can get on with your life.

And - as Curlyben says - you will start to enjoy this. Now you've taken charge it's amazing how your attitude changes.

Slightly - the bold font is not good either.

Makes my eyes go funny - and I have enough of that with the wine.

:)

And - as Curlyben says - you will start to enjoy this. Now you've taken charge it's amazing how your attitude changes.

yeah you become very sadistic when dealing with DCAs especially when they start spouting the Cr@p some of them come out with:D:D

I'm forlorn

As I've said before - my DCA does not phone, does not write - I've obviously upset them.

I have to get my thrills vicariously now by inciting others to do thus and so.

I'm a bad person.

i dont think you are a bad person if you try to excercise your rights i think we are trampled over already

so we can can have some victory over the debt companys that i think we are heros

i been told that they going to call me again on the 2ed now they call me all the time i just wonder what happend to them in the last 2 years

is this writing better?

What no more threatograms to hang on your wall, Curlyben?

That's sad

Hi acdc,

I agree with the previous few posts about how your attitude will change. You will learn lose that fear factor and start relishing the challenge of these empty heads. I was once a good guy paying his way untill I ran into problems and Argos started war on me via Morecroft. A letter from good old Curlyben (the curliest of all bens) did the trick.

Morecrap have bailed out of the fight without a CCA and now Fredrickson International are on the case instead, LOL. An even better letter was launched this morning and is expected to land tomorrow (unsigned and sent Special Dell of course).

Right, You have nothing to worry about now acdc, your in the best hands you can find, even better than the Citizen Advice I would say. So, relax and try and get some sound sleep, then you will be ready and waiting to give them a good kicking if they pop up again.

Anyway, I`m off to bed now, got to be up at 4.30 for a 6 start, it`s the last day then 19 days off, so I`m not too fussed.

Good night all.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)