Lost Mobile Claim HELP!!!!!

Scarpa69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im new to the boards but need help..I lost my mobile recently, i wasnt drunk or putting it in a pint or anything. I tried to find it, tried ringing it but no one answered then it was turned off. I reported it to the police as lost and had the sim and handset blocked as i assume someone has picked it up. Now i have the business of making the claim.The issue is that in the terms and conditions it states that it covers loss but not if it is due to negligence???? When is losing something not negligent in some way???Does anyone have any idea how to word this claim, im only 3 months into an 18 month contract and desperately need this phone replaced!PLEASE HELP!!!!

• 1 year later...

You have to provide a 'narrative of loss' that explains exactly how yu became aware that you no longer had the handset in your posession.

Being in a pup, leaving it in a taxi or doing something that could be taken as 'foolish' are often used as excuses to reject claims. If you genuinely have no idea how/where you could have lost it, work back from the last time you remember usig it and where you normally kept it. If it have fallen when you ran for a bus? Could you have been pickpocketed? These excuses are not deemed to be careless... however the usual pub/taxi scenarios are looked upon with suspicion - but not an automatic rejection.

Good luck!

Also make them aware of any steps you took to attempt to recover the phone.

e.g. If you believed you lost it on a bus, you tried to contact the bus companies lost and found, and also your local police station.

or If it was in the pub you asked people in the pub, you checked with bar staff(also calling the pub the next day is good) and also the local police station.