lloyds TSB collections

redbryn1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i have a £110 debt with lloyds for an unauthorised overdraft which i have been paying for six months through payplan at a rate of £1 a month. I have now been receiving phonecalls everyday asking me to clear the arrears in full or else. I have contacted payplan who have contacted lloyds but i'm still getting calls and letters so far i have blocked 4 different numbers they have used and the last time i spoke to them (i was trying to explain to them that it was being payed by payplan) they said the phonecalls would be stopped for 5 days to give payplan time to contact them but they have started again morning noon and night. I have complained to them before about telephone harrasment (this was before i set up my DMP with payplan) but until the matter is resolved the calls will continue. any ideas?

no it's not charges basically i switched my account from them over to HSBC about 5 years ago and used them to sort out all my direct debits etc but they must of missed the one for my GMB payment and lloyds continued to pay it for 10 months! because they said 'i was a good customer and my account was always in credit they continued to pay it' and of course because of this my lloyds account was never closed the first i heard of this was in october last year and the debt was passed to payplan in april and i thought that was that in the meantime lloyds nor HSBC will accept responsibility for this mistake but as payplan got the payment down to £1 a month i just thought 'pay it'.

to be honest the last few times they have called i've just told them i wasn't in and could i take a message when they said 'tell him lloyds tsb have called' i've put the phone down and blocked the number. i've tried a complaint through the website but you have to phone them and to be honest the way i feel about it right now they'd be doing me for phone harrasment!

No Redbryn, you need to get very assertive. Write to them and very formally ask them for a copy of their Complaints Procedure. They are legally obliged to send you it. This is shocking, shameful behaviour on their part. Send it Special Delivery if you can.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Hi Redbryn

This is from the Credit Service Association's Website. It's a PDF, but isn't long, and shows just how seriously Creditors/DCAs must take complaints.

http://www.csa-uk.com/csa/upload/FOS%20Article.pdf

Don't talk to them on the phone. I know Payplan sometimes suggest this but DCAs (and TSB Collections) love phone calls. This is because they can say what they like and scare you half to death!!

There's a telephone harassment letter template here, and lots of good tips on how to deal with them.

The problem with being with Payplan (or CCCS) is that very often you feel helplessly 'in their hands'. It's pretty soul-destroying at times, even though Payplan do help as much as they can.

You don't have to put up with this. :)

When you set up a DMP with Payplan you'd have signed an authorisation for them to act as your representatives. If TSB are ignoring this, then they are ignoring the Law!! OFT664 says it, and TSB knows it! :mad:

Be strong. They're cheeky beggars!! :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

You need to send this letter ASAP:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html#post290644

Amend as necessary. You really do need to request their complaints procedure as already mentioned, as this can be a lengthy procedure and log ALL calls for an immediate complaint to Trading Standards, here's the link:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Good luck and best wishes.

Don't worry if you can't find it - just send it to the CEO at Head Office - his office will make sure it gets to the right place. Don't forget recorded delivery!

Mr J Eric Daniels

CEO Lloyds TSB Group

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC

25 GRESHAM STREET

LONDON

EC2V 7HN

bb :)

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.