another one getting up close with Lowell

nelix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has 2 debits running at the same time and it was suggested that I keep a separate thread on each. So here it goes so far!

The orginal cerditor was 1st credit. Im lead to understand it could be neally 5/6 years ago that a last payment was made, Ive written and given them the £1 for a copy of the CCA. At this point they have written back and said they will forward this within the next 12, maybe??! Im assuming that will then give me the date of a last payment, and Im keeping my fingers crossed! All the letters he has recieved have been 2nd class, and Im keeping a detailed record of everything, as per all of your very helpful advise on here.

Will post when I need some more guidence, as Im sure there are going to be many twists and turns to come.

Its just great not to be alone and my partner is so proud of me taking this over, leaving him free to consintrate on keeping our house running! We have no credit cards now and I only deal in cash now, so I guess I have learnt a very hard leason from this. I also know ours is a small debt, but having said that I think we all worry the same whatever the amount is.

This site is worth its weight in gold:D

neelix

Im very confussed!!! anyone help me??? Been doing a bit of digging. I have the first letter from lowell saying orginal creditor: First credit and it states the orginal debt address as where we are now, which is impossible as we havent had any credit here at all. The next 3 letters the orginal creditor changed to 1st credit, same reference no and amount, this was a clear month letter, but the original address had disappeared.The 3rd letter dito, that was in reply to my cca request.

I did a search on the two companies and they dont seem to be one and the same. Anyone got a comment:confused: I assume Im right in saying that only one DCA can hold a debt at a time.

right

have you received a copy of the credit agreement yet, until you getthe agreement i wouldn't worry

once you have the copy of the agreement it will show the address where the agreement was taken out and you can go from there,

dont worry at this stage, let us know when you get a response to the cca request

no, its day one of the so called 12 day wait. To be honest Im not worried, just a bit confussed as to if 1st credit and First credit are one and the same or different. Since coming on here and talking with you all, Im in a much better calmer state of mind. Whats the worse they can do:rolleyes: I was at deaths door a few years ago and thank God every day for being here and know...all this may seem important to lowell but it takes 2nd place to my health.

once again, thank you for the replies,

you are a smashing group

nelix

this is a normal occurance believe me, the problem is that most dcas dont under stand what debt they are chasing or its origins and they seem to get confused when challenged:)

the thing to do is wait until the 12 working days expire, by law without a valid credit agreement they cant do diddly squat any way so best ot wait and see what they send before we worry about anything else

about now they are probably panicking as they probably don't have a credit agreement and are trying to come up with some lame excuse as to why you should pay them;)

once the 12 working days expire give us a shout

regards

paul

Hey nelix

Just popping my head round the door to say hi and subscribe.

Lovely to see you starting to fight, lass.

:D

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)