Wish Me Luck!!!!!

lillywotsername
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and I have just gone into a IVA (individual voluntary agreement, or is it arrangement, not quite sure) with Hsbc and all our other creditors due the the unfortunate financial possition we found ourselves in. Would we still be able to reclaim all the costs that we have incurred over the last 6years even though we have tecnically had alot of our debt "wrote off".

We were with HSBC as our main personal bank for 10years and also had a personal loan and a credit card with them, incurring massive charges over the years for one thing or another.

Your imput would be very helpful in this matter as they are no longer our bank.

Lorraine

Hsbc...Data Protection Act letter sent 28/6, statements recieved 21/7

prelim letter sent 25/9......lba sent 16/10

MBNA.... Data Protection Act letter sent 26/9

Then going in for the rest!!!!!

hello and welcome!

It is a common story, those who need help get none whatsoever from the bank!

It makes no difference whatsoever that you have closed your account, and you can go back 6 years.

All the best with your claim, pop back if you have any more questions!!!

Crusher:D

Well, I finally got round to doing it. The DPA letter has been written and going in the post this very morning.

All I hope is that things run smoothish for this one as it is my first of many;-)

Will keep you peeps posted on any developements.

good Luck!!!!!!!

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Woolfie.... Appreciated mate:wink:

Hi all sorry to ask as I know that its probably been asked before but can I claim interest? also charges for unauthorised overdraft?

Thanks

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Barclaycard 1 - MCOL sent 1/9/06 £432.29[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=1]Barclaycard 2 - Data Protection Act [COLOR=purple]sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Capital One 1 - Prelim sent 28/8/06 £916[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]Capital One 2 - Data Protection Act sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Marbles - MCOL sent 30/08/06 £1225.23[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Black Horse - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue]CitiCards - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta]HFC - SAR sent 5/9/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

i wish you luck too, when you get your money back dont forget your poor old friends lol. All the best mate we can do it, about time some money was put back into the pot.

Thanks babes.... Will take you both out for a drink or 5:D:D:D:D:D

Hi all sorry to ask as I know that its probably been asked before but can I claim interest? also charges for unauthorised overdraft?

Thanks

I think you can for the overdraft fees but the interest only gets applied if it gets taken to court.

i am a relative newbie on here so only know what i have been reading.

Hope this helps

lilly

Thanks

if you have any questions regarding the process, it would be better to start your own thread, as it makes it a lot easier for others to follow, and offer advice aswell as for yourself to find again

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Oh Cr@p I think I have sent my letter to the wrong place.

I sent my initial letter requesting my statements to the head office address rather than to my branch address. Is this going to be a problem?

I feel such a wally:(

dont worry , it will be redirected via the internal mail system, however i would advise you to send your next one to either your local branch or straight to the customer service centre in leeds

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

dont worry , it will be redirected via the internal mail system, however i would advise you to send your next one to either your local branch or straight to the customer service centre in leeds

Thanks for that Maverik... Will do for the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved half of my statements yesterday. Still waiting on the rest. Also recieved a letter day before yesterday stating that they were on the way and that our cheque was being returned to us. However the attached cheque belonged to some one else and had statements in my pile for 4 other people.... :eek:

What is it with HSBC.... Can't they get anything right. It must be against the data protection act that I have access to someone elses statements. Will be taking them into my local branch tomorrow and have yet another embarrassed look from the cashier as she has to sort out the mistake.

Will keep you all posted anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally recieved the remainder of my statements last friday, but been away all weekend so not yet gone through them. I totalled up nearly £600 on what i already had so i am sure I am looking at around the grand mark, if not more.

Will post again when gone through them all with a fine tooth comb:smile:

• 1 month later...

Ok Guys........ been through all of my statements and have totalled up £992.50 in excess overdraft charges.

I am now ready to send off my preliminary approach letter, but I am unsure how to work out the overdraft interest.

Please could someone point me in the direction of the correct spread sheet so that I don't mess this up .

Thanks for you help

Lilly

Ok sorry I have been reading a couple other threads and it seems to me that I don't actually add the interest at this point.... Am I correct?

I know I have really been dragging my heels on this 1 but I have had my head all over the place for the last few months and have been really struggling to even concentrate on my statements let alone any thing else. My friend came round this morning who has just won her first case against HSBC and went through my statements with me ( baring in mind I have trawled through them 6 times already) and she managed to find another £70 worth of charges.

I really want to get a wriggle on with this now... her success has definately spured me on, however to do so I really need your help.

Just doing my charges spread sheet and now got a question on wording.

95% of my charges have been excess o/d charges however on the itemisation sheets i used to get from HSBC with my statements it just says Overdraft fee.

would it be better to word it as they do or as what it is and thats an excess o/d charge

Please help

Prelim letter being posted today.....

Total charges being reclaimed £1020.00

14 days and counting now!!!

Best of luck to you. I just noticed you have been posting since June and no one has answered your questions since then!

There is a good spreadsheet on this site. will look up the link.

thats pretty bad about recieving other peoples statements. I would have written to the people myself so that they could complain and have a case against HSBC with regards to the data protection act. hehe.

I swapped my charge discriptions to match the ones on my statements but i dont think it matters too much.

Anyways, good luck. What u gonna do with your grand when u get it back? :D

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

Best of luck to you. I just noticed you have been posting since June and no one has answered your questions since then!

There is a good spreadsheet on this site. will look up the link.

thats pretty bad about recieving other peoples statements. I would have written to the people myself so that they could complain and have a case against HSBC with regards to the data protection act. hehe.

I swapped my charge discriptions to match the ones on my statements but i dont think it matters too much.

Anyways, good luck. What u gonna do with your grand when u get it back? :D

Thanks kazzy.......

I have been waiting for a reply about the spread sheets but I eventually found them myself and could not work out how to calculates the excess o/d interest on it so I made do with just claiming for the costs to be returned.

I have an existing IVA in place and one of its clauses states that any wind fall over £500 has to be returned to our creditors so to be honest I am unsure if we will get to keep any of it, especially as HSBC were one of our creditors. I am hoping that we may get the £500 but not holding my breath.

Thanks again for you support and will keep this thread up to date with my progress.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 10 days since posting my Prelim letter and so far I have heard nothing.....

Is this normal for HSBC to leave things till the last minute?

Still they have untill Monday to reply then I will be sending off my LBA....

Fingers crossed;)

• 2 weeks later...

LBA being sent tomorrow....

I am late in sending this off, will that affect my claim? Just things have been manic this week as started a new job.

it's your schedule - obviously most people want to do it quickly but just carry on - send lba tomorrow - it was somewhere after the lba we received an 80% offer, wrote back saying we would accept it as partial but then heard no more - 14 days from the lba - you file your mcol - then probably they will acknowledge (just to get more time) and if current theory applies, about 21 days into the 28 you will get a request for a breakdown of charges and then 80% offer from dg solicitors (which now includes 8% + court costs) which you again say you would accept as partial or your claim will have to go on and magically before you need to pursue it, an offer for 100% comes in which you accept. be sure all letters are sent registered post for £1. and don't conclude your claim until the money has cleared.