Confusing song lyrics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"I wanna Be Yours...

I wanna be your vacuum cleaner

breathing in your dust

I wanna be your Ford Cortina

I will never rust

If you like your coffee hot

let me be your coffee pot

You call the shots

I wanna be yours

I wanna be your raincoat

for those frequent rainy days

I wanna be your dreamboat

when you want to sail away

Let me be your teddy bear

take me with you anywhere

I don’t care

I wanna be yours

I wanna be your electric meter

I will not run out

I wanna be the electric heater

you’ll get cold without

I wanna be your setting lotion

hold your hair in deep devotion

Deep as the deep Atlantic ocean

that’s how deep is my devotion"

John Cooper Clarke

I have been thinking about this song for a long time now. What does it mean?

Why does he want to be my vacuum cleaner? Why would a man wish to be an electrical appliance? Does he want to sit in the corner of my flat and be ignored? Does he want to be kicked as I stumble by him? Why would he want that?

Please help!

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You think that's bad? Literature is far worse than song lyrics:

"And no more turn aside and brood

Upon love's bitter mystery;

For Fergus rules the brazen cars..."

W.B.Yeats

What's a brazen car? Who the hell's Fergus? I didn’t have much to do this afternoon, so I started making a list of lines from literature that sound good, but don’t appear to mean anything. Do these suggest anything to you?:

"France was long a despotism tempered by epigrams."
(Thomas Carlyle)

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."
(
T.S.Eliot
)

Coffee spoons? It doesn't seem to make sense.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well I do think it is bad. I also feel that JCC is lying to me - how can he be my Ford Cortina? Does he have the ability to turn himself into a not very good car? How does he know that I want a car anyway? Where will I park it? How will I afford to insure it - let alone put petrol into it?

And - the biggest sticking point. He says he will never rust. Yet empirical evidence suggests that, in fact, cars do rust.

Why should I listen to this man?

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Don't listen to him. Listen to Bryan Adams instead. Some great lyrics in "Summer of '69":

Got my first real sex change,

I was 5 at the time.

Played it till my fingers bled.

It was the summer of 69.

And then later:

Standing on your mother's corpse,

You told me that you'd wait forever.

Oh, and with the hammer in my hand,

I knew that it was now or never.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Or the Hot dog song by Celine Dione

'I believe that the hot dogs go on' - from Titanic

' I want to staple the vicar' - We are family - Sister sledge

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Or Spice Girls "Wannabe":

If you wanna do my mother

You gotta get her a Benz

Don't listen to him. Listen to Bryan Adams instead. Some great lyrics in "Summer of '69":

Got my first real sex change,

I was 5 at the time.

Played it till my fingers bled.

It was the summer of 69.

And then later:

Standing on your mother's corpse,

You told me that you'd wait forever.

Oh, and with the hammer in my hand,

I knew that it was now or never.

Well at least that's clear. But I'm still confused. As I do like my coffee hot (who doesn't), but I'm quite happy with my coffee machine. Do I have to accept his offer? And I never use setting lotion.

I was told always to be polite and never to turn down genuine offers of help. How do I reply to JCC without seeming churlish?

Can nobody help me with this?

I do not need a raincoat. I gave up teddy bears many years ago. How do I say no to this man?

Do you have lyrics that confuse or annoy you? Share them with me here.

"Is This Love" Bob Marley.

.....with a roof-rack over her head

and....

.....I-I-I-I-I am William and Mabel

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Or the TLC track....

....Don't go, Jason Waterfalls.

Who is Jason Waterfalls?

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Do you have lyrics that confuse or annoy you?

The Beatles:

She's got a stick in her eye, and she don't care.

"Send me home like an elephant stone"

Stone Roses.

:confused:

Most confusing of all is probably Wuthering Heights (Kate Bush):

Eeee-wheee!

It's me; I'm a tree, I'm a wombat.

Oh, so cold at the end of your winter

"I believe in Milko"

Hot Chocolate

Robert Palmer:

...you might as well face it, you're a ****head in love.

"I'll never leave your pizza burning"

Stones: Beast of Burden

Red Hot Chili Peppers:

Can't stop the ferrets when they need food

"Shaking off my boobs

Going back to my roots"

Can't recall who that was by and too lazy to google it.

Cyndi Lauper:

O mamma dear, I'm not the virgin I was.

"Little darling, I feel the acid's slowly melting /

Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear"

Beatles: Here Comes the Sun

"Tree lickle birds beside my door step singing sweet songs"

Bob Marley

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

"When I needed sunshine on my brain"

Monkees: I'm a Believer

I'd go wherever you may go,

Weigh a pie,

What's that all about - weigh a pie? Who gives a sh*t how much the pie weighs?:confused:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

LOL hedgey. I do - I like pies!